“Pt. Reyes Country Inn & Stables, Horses, Stables, Cottages, Awesome”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Point Reyes Station
Point Reyes Country Inn & Stables
Placerville
“Pt. Reyes Country Inn & Stables, Horses, Stables, Cottages, Awesome”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

If you have never been to Pt. Reyes...you are in for a treat. Another of many California treasures, this stay with our horses, and a desire to ride on beaches was perfect. We rented both cottage and brought along with our friends who rented the other cottage. These cottages are in Inverness, about 10 minutes from the stables. We dropped our horse trailer, put the horses in their paddock and left them in good hands. The owner (Tom) fed our horses in the morning, and their water bucket was always full. We just showed up in the morning to find our horses fed and ready to go....after hooking back up the trailer and loading the horses we headed out each day. At the end of the day, drop back off the horses and trailer and off to enjoy the small quaint town of Pt. Reyes Station with several very good restaurants and a very vibrant touristy buzz. This place is a haven for cyclists, hikers, surfers, horse lovers, and more. As for the cottages, they have great views of the Tomales Bay, and their location in the middle of tiny Inverness was perfect, with a small store, and a couple of very good restaurants. Our cottage was Walt's and our friends were in Smitty's cottage. Both were very clean, very comfortable, with great views. We arrived to find a very large basket of fresh fruit, and the kitchen was fully stocked if you wanted to cook. In the refrig was fresh milk, half and half, and fresh ground gourmet coffee. In addition, we found choices for breakfast cereal, and many condiments (honey, spices, etc). The horse trails were amazing, and the beach riding was as good as it gets. WOW! This we now be an annual trek our us from our home in Placerville, CA.

Room Tip: Walt's cottages has better parking, Smitty's cottage is a little bit bigger with parking rig...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bctahoe75
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Oakland, California
Reviewed 3 September 2011

My husband & I stayed at the PT Reyes Country Inn & Stables last week only for one night, but we wished we had stayed longer. The room and bath were clean and nice and we were able to relax and read on the two balconies the room offered (there are five rooms to choose from). There was no odor from the stables and it was very quiet. There is a large "living room" with a fireplace downstairs for all the guests to use and breakfast is also served there. The owner provided plenty of coffee and tea and orange juice with the delicious breakfast he prepared. While the Inn is not on the water, it is a lovely place to relax and we will definitely be returning there.

Room Tip: All five rooms are nice
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaryMargot
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed at this place twice, in two different rooms, and I enjoyed each visit thoroughly! Each room I stayed at (#5 and #6) had guest books that were filled with praise, from 1998 to the present so I'm really confused at why there are only 4 reviews (some of which are lukewarm)...so, I hope my review can at least show one person's happy experiences for people who might be on the fence about this place!

Here are my impressions by topic:
1) Location: It is less than a 2 minute drive from the main town of Point Reyes station, so you can't ask for much more. I suppose if you want a water view, this would not be your place as it is tucked off the main road with a more woodsy feel. I loved the location!

2) Price: Can't be beat for the location and the niceness of the facilities.

3) Availability: It should be noted that this place lets you book on a weekend night for just one night during the summer season, which very few (if any) other B&Bs do in this location and price range - that was
essential for me each time as I only wanted to stay a night.

4) Cleanliness/general decor: Everything was clean and functional. The decorations included lots of really cool vintage items such as old wooden dressers and cool lamps. The bathrooms in both rooms were small, but we didn't mind. Room #6 is sweet because you don't have any neighbors there and so noise isn't a problem. Room #5 is great bc it has a private balcony. The bathrooms are small but functional.

5) Food: I loved the breakfast - the first time, Tom made it and the second time a woman made it. Both times, the orange juice seemed freshly squeezed, there was an egg/cheese dish that was delicious, in addition to fruit, a roll, and sausage (and coffee/tea). Breakfast is served in a beautiful living room with cool old vintage musical instruments on the walls and some antiques around to make things feel more special.

6) Misc: I loved that the keychains come with flashlights so you can find your way back to your room :-) I also like that it has free wifi! Of course, it also has amenities for horses but I can't comment on those as I don't have a horse.

Overall, it was great - the only minor problem was that in room #5 we could really hear other people coming up and down the stairs and our neighbors, but otherwise I really can't imagine a better value for your money given this location!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cherylmay11
berkeley california
Reviewed 25 August 2011

i did not stay at this hotel and will not stay in the future. one of their guests was stranded in a beach parking lot with her horse with no cell phone and no keys to the truck and in shock. she asked me to call the inn for help. we drove to the nearest signal point and i left a message on the message machine. the inn called back and told me in a most short tempered way "what do you want me to do" and their suggestion was "she needs to call the AAA". i hung up with such a poor response. the front desk or whoever is answering the phone needs to consider this alternative response: we are very sorry to hear this about our guest. thank you for calling and we will try to think of a solution to help her out.

i would not stay at such a place. it is better to be stranded in a beach parking lot with a horse, no cell phone and no keys to the car.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sushiskynyc
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Having travelled all day from England via San Francisco, we arrived at about 8.00pm. A note on the hall table gave us instructions for our room and general notes. The prescribed breakfast (no choice)was at 9.00 put at our table by a lady who may or may not have been the owner or a relative. There was no conversation/welcome/greeting and subsequent breakfasts were similar . Other guests with whom we shared tables were good fun and interesting, although not everyone may wish to breakfast with strangers.
The room was fine with a balcony with distant views. The bed was comfortable and there was no noise at night so we slept very well. The bathroom facilities were excellent with a good shower and quality toiletries. The sitting room had a bottle of port/glassesand a bowl of fruit but we were not sure if these were for guest consumption or not.
On our last morning I enquired about checkout and was told not to worry as it was all sorted (but I received no paperwork) . I asked a man in the kitchen if he was Tom (the owner) he said he was so I introduced myself as one of his guests! Odd to have someone staying in your property and not bother to say "Hi" during their 3 day stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
28.2 km away
Valley Ford Hotel
Valley Ford Hotel
#1 of 1 in Valley Ford

Been to Point Reyes Country Inn & Stables? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK