“Nice Place But”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Las Vegas
“Nice Place But”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Staff is nice. Hotel is pretty clean. But for some reason they have a tendency to over charge my credit card. I have stayed there at least 5 times. Each time I have had to call back and get my card credited for some odd reason. A dog I didnt have, so on and so forth. May start looking for a new place.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out at the desk, and double check your bill.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
clatterell, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you very much for choosing the Larkspur Landing Hotel in Pleasanton for your recent stay. We are terribly sorry for any confusion in regards to your charges during your stay. It is our goal to ensure that all guests are aware of their nightly rate as well as any additional charges that they may have at the time of their check-in. We do review all charges with our guests when they come to the Front Desk and check-out with us. In the event that there are any discrepancies, we will make any needed adjustments at that time.

Clark Latterell
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Washington DC
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My boss booked this hotel and when I walked into my room at 11:00pm (after getting lost with a cab driver who clearly didn't know where Pleasanton) my reaction was---how Norman Bates-ish! Although my room was non-smoking (119) it smelled funky--sort of like stale smoke and mold or something. The room clearly had not been updated since the early 1990s. It had an outdated kitchenette, ugly wallpaper, and a hard, uncomfortable bed. The fridge in the room was super noisy too and at 6am some sort of construction started outside my mom. The room was overally pretty clean although there was some sort of residue on the shower walls.

The breakfast was underwhelming--no hot food, only a small selection of baked goods, hard boiled eggs, cereal and a fridge with milk and some small cans of juice. I was surprised they didn't have pitchers of juice or even bottled water.

I was also a little frustrated with the front desk. I called before my flight to find out the cheapest, easiest way of getting to the hotel from San Francisco airport. I was told to either take a cab ($150 one way) or the train and then a cab. After I finally got to the hotel after the fiasco with the lost cab driver (who tried to charge me $179) the front desk told me that I could have arranged a pick up for $50. That was a bit infuriating.

Room Tip: I was on the ground level--perhaps a room higher up would be quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank isaleistar
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Had to stay at a hotel overnight due to some constuction being done in our house. Arrived to find a non-working TV (fixed in about half an hour by hotel staff). Room was otherwise clean and spacious. Main problem was the room was so noisy that we got virually no sleep all night. Every time we fell asleep either the refrigerator would start up and it was one of the noisiest ones I have ever experienced, or the heater would come on which wasn't quiet either, or the hotel HVAC would come on outside our window. Should have saved the money and slept in our car.

Room Tip: Apparently booking through on-line services like Hotels.com get you the crap rooms they couldn't...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank semclane
clatterell, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
As a hotel that is dedicated to customer satisfaction and a strong repeat customer base, thie problems mentioned here are not indicative of our normal level of service. We do try to accommodate every guest request and make it our mission to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay with us. If a proplem were to occur, we do make it a priority to address the problem in a swift and efficent manner. We do appreciate this feedback and will look in to rectifying the problem.
GrassValley
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. Staff was beyond helpful. After driving from the mountains to Stanford for a medical appointment and being stuck in bumber to bumber traffic for 3 hours they went out of their way to accomadate us. I was so tried and really could not bare the the thought of driving another mile! They found a room for us. The breakfast they offered was a blessing as we had not eaten the night before due to the traffic and driving. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Pleasenton area!

Room Tip: The location of this hotel is off the main freeway and streets so all of the rooms would be quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Hollister, California
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I was in the area visiting friends as they worked at the Fairgrounds for a Promotional Group and wanted to be in the same Hotel as they were in order to facilitate visiting and centralized location for all. Larkspur Landing has a pleasant cozy atmosphere with personable Staff and cozy clean rooms for the price. The small kitchen was a perfect addition to my stay and allowed for refridgerated items to be kept for the following day. Wonderful comfortable beds and as I'm tall, the showerhead was a nice surprise to be above my head instead of having to stoop to wash my hair. Loved the breakfast and sitting area! Top-notch hotel and a good stay!! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: if you would like to pay with cash, be prepared to pay an additional "downpayment" - but t...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends