“Nothing that special ”

Ranked #83 of 298 Restaurants in Pleasanton
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

I had sushi & it was pretty good, nothing special. Service was slow & inattentive. People that arrived after us were done eating and gone before we got our food.

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We came in and the restaurant was empty. We asked to sit in the seating area inside. A few minutes after us more customers arrived and were seated either outside on the patio or at the bar. The one server seemed to pay much more attention to the other customers then to us. After 10 minutes our orders were taken and we had to ask for waters. The food was very good however this place is hurt by the slow service.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I lived in Japan for a number of years and Tomo's is hands down the most authentic Japanese cuisine in the East Bay. Some reviews have rated the value
at a 3 or 4, but the owners go through a lot of trouble to only sell highest quality food which is worth the price. There is not a bad dish on the menu. If you want to experience REAL Japanese food (not Billy Bob's cream cheese Americana made up crappy hand roll that NO sushi bar in Japan would dare have on their menu) then check out this
sushi bar. Great place to take a date for a terrific dinner with the option of an evening stroll through downtown Pleasanton!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Looking for great japanese food? It must be TOMO. Kudos to Megan, the chef and owner. I can never go wrong with what we call "authentic jap.taste" .lived in japan for years. I come to a point where I crave for some jap.food, and I will never go elsewhere coz I always end up disappointed.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I am Japanese and I know what Japanese food tastes like. The fish was very fresh, the sake selection was fantastic, and service was wonderful. I would definitely come back!

1  Thank Sarah K