“Never before”

Tri-Valley Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Never before have I had such a delightful experience as the Tri Valley Inn &
Suites - clean, comfortable rooms - even a fridge with a freezer & a microwave oven. Lots of TV channels & internet hookup. Close to everything, exceptional service from office & service staff. Dog friendly with lovely grounds & convenient areas for exercising. I almost don't want anyone else to know about this lovely old-time motel with the lovely flowers in the window boxes for fear of it being filled next year. AND - the price was so very fair.

Room Tip: They have singles, doubles, suites, rooms with kitchenettes - something for everyone. It was very q...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 October 2011

Not really knowing the area, I booked this stay through one of the sites on the web. I don't travel outside of my area too much but was shocked at the prices! The rate was within my budget constraints (but I could have stayed for two nights compared to the cost for one night in CA - guess that is why CA economy is struggling so much). The room showed its' age but were clean and presentable. The bed was sagging in the middle; the pillows were different from any that I have slept on... when you laid your head on it - it went completely flat... almost like nothing in the pillow case. I will say that all the amenities were nice - fridge, microwave, coffee pot, TV, iron; a/c was noisy - I had to turn the TV volume up to hear over it. I am not sure about the water. When I filled the pot to make some coffee - the water looked like skim milk (very mercky). When I made the reservation, it showed there were smoking rooms available (I booked the stay two weeks ahead). The receptionist was very polite and no problems checking in. I went to the room and discovered there was error. The room was a non-smoking room, she checked and all the smoking rooms were taken. I asked her if there was any compensation because I booked it as a smoking room... she said that she couldn't do anything because I didn't book my stay with them and I should check w/ the online provider. She stated the she would talk w/ the manager but she didn't follow up. When I checked the next morning (at check out), I inquired if there was any message but the clerk just said 'nope, all good'; I was on my way to a conference and when I got on the raod, I realized that the clerk didn't even give me a receipt. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being excellent) - I would rate it about 3 1/2 to 4... if I was staying longer, I might not be as passive... hotels/motels in my area really care about customer satisfaction. I know that there is another conference next year and if I am selected to go - I will shop around to see what is really available in the area.

Room Tip: If you book online, call the hotel first and make sure that you get what you paid for!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2011

A good business hotel room is in the range of $140 to $180 per night, depending on location. But if you need a simple, clean, comfortable room on non-business trips, this hotel is fine. I have had excellent, honest, available service from this hotel's manager and the price fits my budget at this time. The room was totally clean and everything worked fine.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I begin with saying our trip to California did not begin well. Our flight was delayed two hours, and what was to be a direct flight required a plane change in Chicago (more delay). Arriving at Dollar Rent A Car, they had given away our reserved car, and upgraded us to a huge boat (Mercury Grand Marquis).

We arrived at the Inn around 11:30 at night after traveling for 14 hours, checked in and went our room, which was hot, rather dingy, and not clean (see photos). We turned on the wall air conditioner, and 60 seconds later the power went out. I went back to the office to complain and found the manager outside watching fire shoot out of the ground from the PG&E transformer that had just blown up.

Needless to say, it was too late to find another hotel, so we just got undressed and fell into bed. The power was still out the next morning. No lights, no hot water, can't shower or shave, though I noticed that water damage from the shower had caused the tiles at the front to fall off (see photo). We dressed and left for breakfast.

Is this a fair review? Probably not, since it's hard to evaluate without electricity. At least it wasn't very expensive.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
sampatelca, Guest Relations Manager at Tri-Valley Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Thank you for your review on your stay. I at the Tri Valley Inn & Suites am very sorry to hear about your unpleasant stay. The PGE underground problem is one that we had no control over. We as a whole area were without power for many hours (11pm to 11am), to be exact. The problem occured very late outside the property and PGE crew worked tirelessly to get the problem resolved and the electricity back up. If you make us a part of your future travel plans we will show you that we really do care about all of our customers.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

We have stayed at the Tri-Valley Inn & Suites two years in a row now and will be staying there again in 2012. We travel to Pleasanton to attend the Goodguys West Coast Nationals car show in August at the Alameda County Fairgrounds. Though an older hotel, it has been and continues to be remodeled and up-dated. The staff is friendly, helpful and do their best to accommodate all requests. And the price is unbeatable.

Room Tip: Delux suites are larger and have a great kitchen/eating area.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
3 km away
Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel
#8 of 14 in Pleasanton
5.7 km away
Extended Stay America - Livermore - Airway Blvd.

Been to Tri-Valley Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK