All reviews boston market rite aid walnut creek small workout sun valley front desk outdoor lounge area busy intersection budget hotels shower and toilet very clean hotel comfortable stay walking distance convenient location nice property first floor included breakfast
Reviewed 30 July 2018

I have stayed over 900 nights in Marriott hotels and the reason for this is when I'm away from my family and home working I want to be in a place where I"m comfortable. This was by far the worst experience I've ever had. I called immediately when I got to the airport to let them know that I accidentally left my wedding ring and cell phone charge in my room. I let them know that this was a very special possession of mine and that I'd like them to act fast on looking in my room. I was told, I'll have my house cleaner look and I'll call you back. No call back, I'm worried the entire flight home. I call once I land and I get "Oh sorry, they looked and found nothing. I asked if someone such as a manager could look and got " I'll look and call you back". That night I call back because no one calls me, once again I get told "I'll have someone look and call you back" At this point I'm furious I ask to talk to the manager. I got a good feeling about talking to her because she felt genuinely sorry. I was told that they looked and couldn't look very hard because there was now a guest staying in the room. The GM then calls me to tell me that on Friday I would be called and again NOTHING. NO CALL BACK, NO NOTHING! They absolutely don't care about you or your belongings and that's NOT the Marriott way. VERY disappointing to say the least. On Friday I get an alert on my phone that tells me my debit card has been compromised. Someone in that area used my debit card to buy $600 worth of Nike clothes so I call to inform the manager and the front desk personnel tells me the manager isn't in but we'll give them the note. I asked for them to look at the camera footage to see if anyone entered or exited my room and again, ABSOLUTELY NO CALL BACK... Poor service, I'm working with my bank and will be pressing charges against them and giving them the details of my stay in the Marriott. Absolutely unacceptable, Marriott should be ashamed to call them one of theirs.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Good Morning Garrett,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to respond on social media regarding your stay with us. I am sorry that your stay did not go as expected. I can see your frustration and I have spoken with my team (That was here during your stay) and one of my leadership members will be contacting you today. I personally have never spoken to or called you but I will be sure that your concerns are followed up on and addressed today. We have called you a few times (The day of the incident and today) and your voicemail mailbox is full. We are unable to leave messages.

In terms of your lost and found item. Although my team does it's best to return items to the rightful owner...Marriott is not responsible for items left behind by a guest after checkout. When items are found, we 100% take the necessary steps to get the items returned. Your ring was not found in room upon your departure.

In reference to your credit card transactions...All guests credit card information is masked immediately upon entry into our system. (We ourselves are unable to see card numbers once swiped in our systems). If your credit card is missing, I absolutely encourage you to contact the proper authorities to resolve your banking issues immediately. This item was not found in room upon your departure.

Please call us back at your convenience so we may address your concerns.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here many times when we travel for my son swim meets. It’s practical, a few miles from the pool and priced right. The rooms are great. Requests to get extra pillows or blankets are met and delivered right away. The Bistro, in the other hand can use some help. Food is good, but service during breakfast is lacking. They have to be losing some business to other breakfast options around the corner. We tried to call ahead and order to-go on 3 occasions. Friday, no problems. Saturday we called, no one answered. We call the front desk, waited a few minutes and the front desk finally took my order because The Bistro couldn’t. 10 minutes later we came down. No one was making our order. We had to wait another 5 min. Ridiculous!
Sunday, same thing. Front desk tried to pass my call to the Bistro, nothing but crickets. This time I just hung up and went to Starbucks.
Their main problem is they have only one lady running it in the mornings. Making espresso, breakfast sandwiches, taking orders, and answering the phone. Really Marriott? Why? Guests at the hotel are captive audience, and I am betting that many of them would rather order by phone grab a quick breakfast on their way out the door instead of heading to a busy Starbucks or Peet’s.
The breakfast sandwiches are well proportioned, good combination of flavors and reasonable priced. Marriott, you are missing a tremendous opportunity here. I hope they wake up and staff accordingly. Properly advertised phone ahead from the rooms can generate enough business to add 1 more employee.
We’ll be back, just go somewhere else for breakfast if you are in a deadline.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for the taking the time to provide a response regarding your stay. Your feedback is used for training and education and very much appreciated. I believe we have responded to you on our Marriott Customer Care platform but thank you for completing an additional survey here. I can understand your frustration with some of our options (Especially our Breakfast) as standard Courtyard hotels do not offer Bistro phone service. Our Bistro concept is a "Grab and Go" or "Dine In" option. I will be sure to mention your feedback to our Marriott team at Corporate when they decide to change the concept. In the meantime, if you would like to discuss your stay further, I would be happy to address your concerns personally. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

We've had to stay here several times this summer from out of state while working a house in a nearby town. So we're up early, back late and like to relax when we have a few moments to do so. I travel a lot for business (about 1/3 of the year) and have stayed in Marriott branded hotels around the world.

The "PROs" about this Courtyard include:

1. Location. Right off Monument exit at the south point of the 242/680/4 triangle. Easy to hop over to Antioch/Brentwood, Benicia/Vallejo/Napa or Oakland/SF and convenient to BART as well. Lots of stores (including Sun Valley Mall up the road) and services.

2. Staff. The staff is professional, accommodating and very competent. Housekeeping folks are awesome and skilled.

3. Cost. Tends to be slightly less than the average local (Concord/Walnut Creek) hotel prices.

4. Rooms. While a bit outdated, I'm told there's renovation soon that will include the (at last!) mobile key - used with the Marriott App. Other changes will modernize the property to the same level of the current Courtyards. Rooms with balconies are the best and compared to other hotels in the corridor I've stayed at - the freeway noise is hardly there.

"CONs" are:
1. Not a fan of the dispenser system for shampoo/soap in the shower/tub. I realize it helps the environment but this (for me at least) just isn't worth it.

2. Parking. The lot is small and bleeds over into the shopping center's lot. When hotel is full can be a bit of a problem, as I prefer to keep the car close as possible for peace of mind.

3. The cafe closes between 10-11 - Selfish here but would be nice to have a place open in the hotel till mid nite at least.

None of the "cons" took away from my 5 star rating here. Ive stayed at 4 of the TripAdvisor top 5 hotels in Pleasant Hill and by far - the Courtyard takes the lead.

Awesome people, great location and good value all make the Courtyard one of our favorites in east/north bay.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony and enjoy sitting out at night time catching a breeze!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to respond about your most recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and used for training and education. I will be sure to bring your "CON's" back to the team for discussion. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me at your conveniences and I will personally set aside some time to discuss our services and your expectations.

Thank You and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel provided everything we needed. The staff was nice and everything was clean. They had a nice little bar inside that offered food, drinks, and even Starbucks. We were very comfortable and slept well. They were conveniently located across the lot from a Rite Aid and Boston Market. McDonald's, Taco Bell, and other places to eat/stores were within a few blocks. The area looked very nice.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
OAKCP, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you Mamaj72 for your review of the Courtyard Pleasant Hill. We are pleased that your experience was delightful and our amenities met your needs. Many of our guests select our hotel for the location and for the service our staff provides to you our valued guests. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

This was a good choice for our family business near Walnut Creek, California. There are many shops and restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. The rooms seem large and on the 4th floor the views are not bad. The shower and toilet are separate from the vanity. There is an indoor pool, small workout room, and new cozy outdoor lounge area. Note that there is no fridge or microwave in the room, and an ice machine is not on all floors. The windows do crack open which is nice to get some fresh air. We walked to nearby restaurants for breakfast, but there is one included.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. We appreciate the feedback as it is used for training and education. It was a pleasure having you with us and hope to see you at one of our Marriott properties soon.