“Amazing thin crust pizza so far in California”

Zachary's Chicago Pizza
Ranked #2 of 134 Restaurants in Pleasant Hill
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Priced appropriately and an amazing thin crust veggie pizza options. I have eaten at this place several times and each time has been an amazing experience. The customer service is awesome and courteous employees. Best experience multiple times .. Never disappointed until now.

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

It's been awhile since I had Zachary's. They have 3 locations that I have been to. Two are in the Oakland area. One is by 13 and the other is close to San Pablo, up the hill. This location is easily accessible and right across the street from a movie theater. This location is really good. I don't have to drive down to Oakland anymore to get my fix. My friends who live in Chicagoland claim their Chicago deep dish us better. My husband and I go to Chicago a lot and have had a lot of opportunities to compare. I'll say this...both are really good. When I'm in the Bay Area and want deep dish, I go to Zachary's. It's great for lunch or dinner, before or after a movie. It's good for small or large parties. Park in the parking garage. Don't waste your time trying to get lucky on the street.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

this was close by our hotel so we thought we would give it a try. The staff was friendly and attentive. Being from Chicago, the pizza was good, would have liked it to be cut in squares. Did not ask for that, just assumed it would be served that way.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Food is ok, most disappointing is the judgmental looks I got from the Staff. The Host which might have been the Manager looked at me up and down. Disappointing.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

i remember days of stopping by the Berkeley location to purchase a "half baked" to take home and finish in my own oven; it was a delicious experience. THe new location in Pleasant Hill doesnt have the character of the the orginal but they produce pizzas that are just as good. I had tried the white sauce before and thought it had a bit too much garlic, but this time i built a simple sausage, onion, and olive and it was excellent! The gluten free option was superb but i had them cook it well done! expensive but worth the money!