“I'd stay here again.”

Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Placentia
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Great hotel for the price. We used Priceline and got a rate of $55/night for Thanksgiving weekend. The place looks and feels like a townhome/apartment complex with multiple free-standing buildings on the property, each housing several rooms.

Our room had a king-sized bed, flat screen TV that was probably 42 inches, a decent sized living room, and kitchenette with a full-sized oven and range, microwave, and fridge. The interior, as with most new Marriott places, has a modern fell -- lots of neutrals with red accents and fixtures and appliances with a brushed metal look.

The only negative is that there is no wifi. They have an ethernet connection located in the desk by the kitchenette, but that's useless if you have an iPad or want to use a laptop anywhere else in the room.

There's a complimentary breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage patties, pancakes, waffles, bagels, muffins, etc. It gets packed in the morning and seating is limited so you may have to grab your food and go.

They also have a pool area with a fire pit and a sports court for tennis and basketball.

With its location fairly close to Anaheim and Disney, the spacious rooms, and affordable price this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Clint B

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Just returned from a weekend in Disneyland. Looked for a hotel closer to Disney, but the reviews were not great for something affordable and close. I decided I wanted my Marriott...you can always count on a great bed and shower and they are always clean. We couldn't afford one right by Disney, but this one was right off the freeway and a short drive to Disney. The staff at check-in was great! She asked where we were going and provided a map with directions to Disneyland and a list of local restaurants. Some other customers were using the BBQ grill outside and asked for plates, napkins, cups etc which they provided. I loved the unique way they had different buildings with 8 rooms each. It looked more like little condos than a hotel. The grounds were very beautiful and nicely kept. The pool looked inviting, but didn't get a chance to use it. As usual the beds were great and the shower was fabulous! We enjoyed the breakfast every morning before leaving for the day. Thank you Marriott for another great stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank dcbc81
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I had a very bad experience at this Residence Inn. It is one of the older type Residence Inn. I was first given a room towards the back. With the travels I have done, I felt unsafe. I requested another room and this one had bedbugs. There were clump of bites on my back and arms. It took over 2 weeks for the itchiness to go away and left dark scars. I contacted the hotel and spoke with Manager who indicated that they would inspect the room and contact me on their findings. No return call was ever received. My coworkers suggested I contact the health authorities. I have done much travel for work, and was at this facility due to last minute assignment and the cap on my travel allowance.

Room Tip: Check the bed by rubbing the sheets. Do not put your suitcase on the bed. Use the ironing board or...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Anuhea G
kbennet, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate all types of feedback as it allows us to create a better experience for all our guests. We are very sorry you had such an unpleasant experience at our hotel. Complaints of this nature are taken very seriously by our staff and we've completed a thorough inspection. Even though we have not found any bedbugs we have treated the rooms as a precautionary measure. I'm happy to discuss this further if you'd like to contact me directly. Warm Regards, Steve Ashe, General Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2012

When we travel we cook our own food so we pack a lot of bags. This location was Cool to Disneyland but there is no wireless Breakfast was good and they seemed understaffed. Overall ok if you do not have seniors.

Room Tip: All 2 bed rooms suite are on loft.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank chandragc
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This has been my 4th stay at this hotel im usually here for 3 days. I love it so much but ofcourse it isnt always available so i end up at other marriotts booo. The complimentray breakfast is delicious. I love the waffle maker. The kitchen staff are so friendley. The rooms are always clean i never complain about noise. The only thing they need to work on is their Front Desk agents. They don't have a clue where places are and can't give directions from where your at example i was at food 4 less looking for toys r us they couldnt give me directions like really you couldnt google it for me. i was upset about that, so now i just take a gps to take care of that problem. i have found bugs in my room either in bathroom or by the sink. i understand their just small deert bugs not a big deal to me but spiders oh nooo scary . as long as its available i will stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placentia
0.2 km away
6.1 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
0.7 km away
Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK