“LOVE”

The Inn at the Cove
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My husband & I have dubbed this "our spot." Super romantic on the ocean front! SLASH of the waves on the rocks! What better way to wake up...or go to sleep than to the sounds of the sea? :)

Room Tip: There are fridges in every room....bring food & snacks! Tables on the patio make for romantic sn...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
ShelterCoveGM, General Manager at The Inn at the Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to share with us. I love that this has become “your spot” and I hope you and your husband will have another opportunity to come enjoy it again very soon. If you didn’t get a chance to make your way down to the private beach during your recent visit you will have to check it out next time, it is a lovely place to watch the waves and enjoy the sounds of the ocean as well. We look forward to seeing you and your husband the next time you are in the Pismo Beach area.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

What a wonderful place to stay! Right in between Avila Beach and Pismo beach. Balconies overlooking the ocean. Spacious rooms equipped to accomodate snacks and drinks. Gorgeous pathways to walk across the cliffs with stunning views. Immaculate rooms with more pillows than you can think of! Excellent guest service. Excellent place to go to relax and enjoy the views. The continental breakfast was a bit blah, but adequate. Got you going for your day. I absolutely recommend this place to anyone who wants a great getaway place, a place centralized to beach play, good eating establisments, fun shopping and browsing. Great pier close by. Wonderful place to stay!! Can't wait until we can go again!

Room Tip: All the rooms overlook the ocean, so they're all great. I would prefer one away from the pool u...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
ShelterCoveGM, General Manager at The Inn at the Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay. I am so pleased to hear that you were able to relax during your visit and take in the incredible views, I am also delighted to read that you found our guest service to be excellent. I appreciate you taking the time to include the details of what you enjoyed during your stay. I look forward to meeting you during your next visit and hope that you are able to come see us again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Great views of pacific ocean from balcony, 10 minute drive to beach. We stayed in room with 2 doubles, fairly large. Included continental breakfast was average in a small crowded room.

When we checked in badly needed coffee, but there was no sugar/creamer pack in room. When we called lobby said it would arrive immediately. However 15 minutes later still yet to show up. We finally had to walk to lobby to pick it up.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
ShelterCoveGM, General Manager at The Inn at the Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Shelter Cove Lodge. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our breathtaking views during your stay. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding what you liked and how we may improve. Our goal at Shelter Cove is to ensure each and every guest has an pleasant experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Pismo Beach area.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We only stayed one night in this hotel and we had great experience here.

The hotel is located on the cliff. You must not miss the room on seconf floor which offers a great ocean and cliff view.

The room is very big with a private belcony and a sun roof. The pool also looks nice.

Five minutes drive to the south, you will find a big shopping and dinning area. The japanese restaurant on the hill is great.

Room Tip: Order a second floor room with ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the views from your room and were also able to visit some of the other local attractions, such as shopping at the outlet mall and dinning at Yanagi’s Sushi and Grill. We hope to see you again the next time you are visiting the Pismo Beach area.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

This was out first overnight visit to Pismo Beach, not knowing where anything was at I took a risk finding a hotel that was within our budget and was going give us a good view of the ocean. First off, this hotel has an ocean front view right from your room. All the rooms face the ocean and each room has a balcony with two sturdy chairs and table. We stayed in the lower level and I actually prefer it that way since it gives you a sense of being a little closer to the ocean. I can sit outside all day in the balcony and gaze at the ocean.

The staff here is friendly and the location is far enough from the downtown of pismo beach but is close enough to feel part of the area. I like the fact that there is not a bunch of people walking around and the distance from the downtown area gives you a sense of peacefulness. While this hotel is not the Four Seasons, the rooms are modern, updated and clean. To me, the view is worth every penny and I don't care it was a Best Western. The carpet in our room was clean and there were two sinks inside along with a small fridge and microwave. The bed was okay, we prefer a bed that is soft and squishy so I am not going to knock the beds here because we they are nice just not our personal preference. The only negative comment is the fact that the shower is a bit narrow. Its not so much the shower/tub its the way the curtain was hung. Had the person who installed the curtain rod gave it 4 or 5 inches, the space would have been perfect. Overall, the bathroom is a good size and there is plenty of bathroom counter space.

There is also a daily breakfast in the main building which features some traditional continental breakfast but there is also some healthier items like yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs and cerel. There is also a cool contraption that makes pancakes that is virtually unmessy. There is also some sausage, cheese and egg biscuits that you can warm up in the microwave. There is also an assortment of teas, coffee and juices.

I selected this hotel because it said it had beach access and it certainly does. While the beach area is a climb down (wear your hiking boots or tennis shoes), it is private and great for pictures. There is a gazebo and several lookout points where couples can have quiet moments to themselves or for some great picture opportunities. They do weddings here and from the pricing, it does not look expensive. This would be great for couples on a budget or with a small party. For families, there is enough wildlife to keep the kids excited. From this hotel, I was able to see sea otters playing in the water in front of the hotel, small bunnies hopping around in the grass, sea gulls flying around and little lizards running into the brush. There is a park not too far from here that is great for kids or for those who like to take landscape pictures.

We will definately be back the next time we stay in Pismo Beach. Thank you Best Western for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank onedeesse
ShelterCoveGM, General Manager at The Inn at the Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

I want to personally thank you for taking a moment to share the details of your recent stay. I am so pleased that you were able to take in the beautiful ocean views from our many look out points as well as from your room. It sounds like you truly enjoyed yourselves during your visit and I appreciate the fact that you covered so many aspects of our hotel in your feedback. I look forward to meeting you during your next stay with us and hope that we will see you again very soon! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me prior to your next visit, it would be my pleasure to assist in making any future reservations for you.