“good stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 17 April 2012

overall a good stay, however no complimentary breakfast included.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Enjoyed a brief stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach. It's a really clean hotel located just outside the downtown Pismo Beach area. Easy to get to off the highway and from the airport.

Interesting set up at the hotel. When you arrive you actually walk in to the lobby which is the 4th floor. To get to the restaurant go to the 3rd floor and to get to the fitness center and pool go to the 2nd floor. I'll include a few pics with this review to show you what I'm talking about.

The views from the lobby are what you'd expect to see at a resort. Just past the front desk is the bar with a big window overlooking the town of Pismo Beach and the beach itself.

Whole hotel feels fresh and new. My room was comfortable and clean. No complaints.

Room Tip: Request ocean/pool view room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Very new hotel so all fresh and comfortable. Breakfast room is small and on the morning of my stay was overwhelmed by the spring-break families and a visiting baseball team. They couldn't replenish the buffet quickly enough and I had to wait a while to even get a place to sit. That aside, everything you'd expect. Be aware that patio courtyard category is slightly below grade level. A higher floor would be brighter.

Room Tip: I'd ask for one looking out towards the ocean on the top floor (which is the same floor as the l...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I booked this room through priceline, they told me only one bed for priceline customer. If I need two beds, additional $25 will be charged, it means I won't save anything through priceline booking in this hotel.
we stayed one night, room is ok, Internet signal is really bad, you may find no connection at all in the early morning, that room I stayed has a big wall outside the window, felt like staying in the basement, all natural light was blocked, good thing is that room is really quiet.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I travel for business and have my choice of hotels, however I'm still always looking for values when on the road. When in Pismo Beach there are many many choices, but since this trip got scheduled last minute I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. I regreted it from the start.
I wasn't pleased when I arrived to the hotel after a long drive and they balked at giving me my room until the offical check-in at 3:00PM; I arrived at 2:10PM...come on! The front desk noticed my eyes rolling and finally gave me a room to put my bag into so that I could continue to visit some clients before the end of the day.
Upon getting to my room I noticed that it was a brand new hotel, but a little strangely set up, The top floor is the lobby, but the way everything is layed-out at this hotel is a little strange. Oh well. Later in the day I took a shower and wasn't too pleased either, with the lay-out of the room. A little small for my taste and the TV is directly to the right side of the bed. Strange and inconvenient if you want to sit-up with a newspaper and coffee to read and watch TV. Also upon visiting the bathroom I noticed some cleanliness issues on the wall. I wasn't sure if it was from another guest or a scratch or smudge, but in any case it should have been cleaned or painted. You don't want to get those mental images of what it might have been when staying at a hotel. And no, I didn't call the front desk to complain about this. I didn't want someone coming into my room to see the thing on the wall and change my room or give me a long explanation of what it was. I was tired and just figured that I was only staying one night.
Also the bathroom compared to the Hampton Inns was terrible. Looked more like a cheap hotel than a Hilton in terms of size, space, and shower set-up.
As far as the bed, it's was a very hard bed with a great feather comforter and excellent pillows. The pillows weren't the rocks that you might find most other hotels.
Breakfast: Guess what...... they charge for breakfast and I find that a rip-off considering most other hotels include that (Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn) in the hotel bill so that you don't have to expense a breakfast to the company. I found that a huge turn-off, for what looked to me like nothing special at all. Eggs, sausage etc. Hampton Inn includes all of that stuff at no charge and the Hampton Inn is cheaper.
Next time I will stay at the Hampton Inn, which for me is much better layed out then the Hilton. It is also cheaper than the Hilton but that doesn't really matter that much. All I am ever looking for is a nice easy stay. Good luck.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business