“Hidden New Gem of a Hotel in Pismo Beach Area”

Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Spokane Valley, Washington
“Hidden New Gem of a Hotel in Pismo Beach Area”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Enjoyed a brief stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach. It's a really clean hotel located just outside the downtown Pismo Beach area. Easy to get to off the highway and from the airport.

Interesting set up at the hotel. When you arrive you actually walk in to the lobby which is the 4th floor. To get to the restaurant go to the 3rd floor and to get to the fitness center and pool go to the 2nd floor. I'll include a few pics with this review to show you what I'm talking about.

The views from the lobby are what you'd expect to see at a resort. Just past the front desk is the bar with a big window overlooking the town of Pismo Beach and the beach itself.

Whole hotel feels fresh and new. My room was comfortable and clean. No complaints.

Room Tip: Request ocean/pool view room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Very new hotel so all fresh and comfortable. Breakfast room is small and on the morning of my stay was overwhelmed by the spring-break families and a visiting baseball team. They couldn't replenish the buffet quickly enough and I had to wait a while to even get a place to sit. That aside, everything you'd expect. Be aware that patio courtyard category is slightly below grade level. A higher floor would be brighter.

Room Tip: I'd ask for one looking out towards the ocean on the top floor (which is the same floor as the l...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I booked this room through priceline, they told me only one bed for priceline customer. If I need two beds, additional $25 will be charged, it means I won't save anything through priceline booking in this hotel.
we stayed one night, room is ok, Internet signal is really bad, you may find no connection at all in the early morning, that room I stayed has a big wall outside the window, felt like staying in the basement, all natural light was blocked, good thing is that room is really quiet.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Los Angeles
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I travel for business and have my choice of hotels, however I'm still always looking for values when on the road. When in Pismo Beach there are many many choices, but since this trip got scheduled last minute I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. I regreted it from the start.
I wasn't pleased when I arrived to the hotel after a long drive and they balked at giving me my room until the offical check-in at 3:00PM; I arrived at 2:10PM...come on! The front desk noticed my eyes rolling and finally gave me a room to put my bag into so that I could continue to visit some clients before the end of the day.
Upon getting to my room I noticed that it was a brand new hotel, but a little strangely set up, The top floor is the lobby, but the way everything is layed-out at this hotel is a little strange. Oh well. Later in the day I took a shower and wasn't too pleased either, with the lay-out of the room. A little small for my taste and the TV is directly to the right side of the bed. Strange and inconvenient if you want to sit-up with a newspaper and coffee to read and watch TV. Also upon visiting the bathroom I noticed some cleanliness issues on the wall. I wasn't sure if it was from another guest or a scratch or smudge, but in any case it should have been cleaned or painted. You don't want to get those mental images of what it might have been when staying at a hotel. And no, I didn't call the front desk to complain about this. I didn't want someone coming into my room to see the thing on the wall and change my room or give me a long explanation of what it was. I was tired and just figured that I was only staying one night.
Also the bathroom compared to the Hampton Inns was terrible. Looked more like a cheap hotel than a Hilton in terms of size, space, and shower set-up.
As far as the bed, it's was a very hard bed with a great feather comforter and excellent pillows. The pillows weren't the rocks that you might find most other hotels.
Breakfast: Guess what...... they charge for breakfast and I find that a rip-off considering most other hotels include that (Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn) in the hotel bill so that you don't have to expense a breakfast to the company. I found that a huge turn-off, for what looked to me like nothing special at all. Eggs, sausage etc. Hampton Inn includes all of that stuff at no charge and the Hampton Inn is cheaper.
Next time I will stay at the Hampton Inn, which for me is much better layed out then the Hilton. It is also cheaper than the Hilton but that doesn't really matter that much. All I am ever looking for is a nice easy stay. Good luck.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LosAngelesRobert
Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed her on two separate occasions and I could not be more impressed with the service and quality of this hotel. Full disclosure, I am a Hilton Honors member, so that may have factored into their treatment of me, but I was still extremely impressed.

The hotel is so clean that it feels like you are in a brand new hotel (I think it was renovated 2 years ago). The staff is extremely accommodating and kind. There were even free (and delicious) cookies at the check-in desk.

There are a bunch of great areas to relax, including the bar and pool (which I did not go in due to it being February). They even have board games in the lobby in case you need something to do. Breakfast was fantastic and the staff at the little restaurant was so attentive and pleasant.

I travel quite a bit and have never wrote a TripAdvisor review. This hotel's above and beyond service and quality, however, prompted me to create an account and write this review. Kudos to the entire staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple