“Love it!”
Review of Sea Gypsy Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pismo Beach
Sea Gypsy Motel
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Reviewed 23 February 2012

If your head'n for the central coast then Pismo Beach as a must! The Sea Gypsy Motel offers all types of rooms and we love the ocean front studios! Exellent layout for the rooms and the pool and hot tub are always fun. Lots of parking and the staff is great. We'll be back! Thanks, Ken.

Room Tip: Reserve an ocean front room as soon as you know your dates.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I discovered this place YEARS AND YEARS ago, by accident in the little travel flyer/booklet you pick up outside of Denny's. At the time, they advertised a really really inexpensive rate per night, with a pool, spa, oceanside. I love Pismo, so made a reservation. After seeing the Oceanview side of the motel, I asked if I could upgrade to THOSE rooms. My luck was with me and they had a room for me for a couple of days (upgrade in cost....but soooooooo worth it). The Oceanview rooms have a patio ON THE BEACH, almost literally. I was high enough I could leave my patio door open and hear the waves on the beach below. Needless to say whenever I go anywhere near Pismo to spend some time, I reserve a room there. I find it very hard to leave the room. The room I stay in has a murphy bed, which I have never found to be anything but wonderful. The best part of the murphy bed, is you get up, fold it back into the wall & have the whole room to enjoy. A little kitchenette with coffee maker, fridge, oven/range, microwave, toaster, dishes, silverware, wine opener, and most anything you could possibly need. This means a quick trip thru Trader Joes's just outside of town, and you can glue yourself tot the patio, watch the surfers, the waves, the kites, the runners and whatever. I always have a book which usually ends up in my lap while I zone. Needless to say, sunrise (even tho behind) is beautiful and the sunsets (if the fog doesn't roll in) are better than spectacular. The staff is almost like a family, very friendly and helpful.
.It's a popular spot, so it never hurts to reserve well in advance. But don't go to San Luis Obispo, Pismo, etc without spending one night there. YOU WILL BE HOOKED...PLEASANTLY HOOKED.

Room Tip: Whenever possible an Oceanview is the BEST CHOICE.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank ijustknow29
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The studio was cute and clean. However the walls were very thin. The murphy bed could use a new mattress and the pillows were very uncomfortable. Needless to say, we didn't get a good night's sleep. Don't think we'll be coming back :-(

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank OlgaEagle
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My folks started staying here when we were in College ... Took our kids there many times over the years.. My folks 40th.. And this time our grandkids! Better than ever.. Things have been maintained and updated.. Great location near beach..and fun and less expensive to prepare meals... Had a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank rboydinlb
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This is my forth stay at the Sea Gypsy, the third one with my dog. They are very dog friendly here. Some places "allow" pets but aren't really very freindly or tolerant of normal pet behaviors even though you pay extra for the priviledge. I love the ocean view, the easy access to downtown resturants and shopping. I enjoy cooking too so I always get a room with a kitchen. I love the fact that there are always imrovements going on and it just seems like it gets nicer and nicer each time I am there. I always stay here for the Thanksgiving holiday and I have gone on so much about it that my whole family wants to come next year!

Room Tip: Get a room with the ocean view, well worth the little bit extra.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo