“Busy Sunday ”

Ranked #25 of 116 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 13
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Who's your Huckleberry? Huckleberry's serves the best Breakfast & Lunch this side of the ole Mississippi - AAiiee! It's California Cookin' with a Southern Flair. Breakfast items like Cajun Hot Links, Buter Crisp Waffles, Huck's Breakfast platters and large omelets served with country red potatoes. For Lunch were're servin' up Bourbon Street Burgers and Famous Toasty's. Salad's like the Southern Cobb, and specialty items such as our Crab Melt are just a few of the highlights. So grab grandma, the kids, and the dog, (well maybe not the dog) and get on down to Huckleberry's. You gonna love dis place!!
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

On a Sunday of a holiday weekend, we were still able to get a table within 15 minutes. Very, very busy! Ordered the combo with eggs, ham and pancake. Cooked perfectly and were in and out so quickly. Our server was very friendly. No complaints at all!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

I am a local and gave Huckleberry’s a try due to my “co-breakfast diner’s” suggestion. The establishment itself is “themed” in a Louisiana Bayou style, which is fine, but it was “dark” inside. Our Greeter was very nice and gave us choice of table and our Server was friendly and attentive. The menu presented well and we ordered 3x Fried Green Tomatoes and two Skillet plates.
The Fried Green Tomatoes were good but not outstanding. The Louisiana Skillet plate which I ordered was essentially “tasteless”...so to remedy the situation, I had to add ketchup and hot sauce. “Presentation” of this dish was non-existent, just a heaping pile of food on a hot dish. Huckleberry’s had a huge “miss” on the food which subsequently destroyed the “value” factor.
The bill total was $46.00, which for me quite honestly...seemed really high for a breakfast that just didn’t make a huge impression.
In closing, I was satisfied with everything but the product and therefore can not give more than three stars for this review. Ultimately, since I view myself as a “glass is half full rather than half empty kind of guy” and although I will not be back, I am prepared to give Huckleberry’s the benefit of the doubt, as far as other items that looked good on the menu. Perhaps my meal choices today just weren’t spot on.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Good menu options for breakfast and lunch, including senior menu. Open only for breakfast and lunch. Lots of choices I.e. chicken and waffles, ham and eggs, begneis

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

The restaurant staff was very kind and accommodating. The pancakes are HUGE and the crab cake Benedict was delicious

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018

This has become one of my favorite lunch stops. I usually order off the senior menu where they have among other items, a regulation patty melt. The food here is well prepared, reasonably priced and they always have an ample wait staff who are knowledgeable and friendly. I don't understand why they don't stay open for dinner. One warning, if you come on a weekend morning be prepared for a 20 to 30 minute wait.

Date of visit: September 2018