“Never forgetful!”

Sea Garden Motel
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Pismo Beach
“Never forgetful!”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

January 1st me and my friends were lookin for a close place by the dunes to stay. Found this hotel, price was $70 so figured it would be a nice place....so we got our 2 bed room, walked in and me and my friends started laughing, very very small room, mold on the walls fridge and microwave in the bathroom next to the toilet...had a horrid smell! My cousin actually had to get a car freshener to put in the room, 5 min in, we decided we couldn't sleep in that room, no locks on windows, covers on beds were filthy....went back, complained, he gave us a new room upstairs....walked in and it was worst then the last one, had a gated up kitchen, couldn't go in, shower was disgusting and water damage thru out the room, it got cold so we turned on the heater....heater didn't work. Once again went downstairs and told him the heater wasn't working so he said he would fix it! About 3 minutes later, he comes up with a space heater, plugs it in and says "there you go" after he left, we packed our stuff, all went downstairs and said we would like our money back, it wasn't even close to being good for what we paid for, argued back and forth and he started to yell saying he's never had complaints, his son walked in, using foul language and after 10 minutes of arguing, we got half our money back, I'm surprised the health department hasn't shut them down!!! Worst place, two thumbs wayy down, if u want to keep Ur health! Don't go there

• Stayed January 2011
3 Thank MedalMulishaRider
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I spent a night at this motel beginning of June and it was in good condition. Motel is under new management and I would definitely stay here again. Location is great, only foot steps to the beach.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lovemore2
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I would not wish a night in this place upon my worst enemy. Needless to say based on other reviews, this place is a cheap dirty dump I would have never stayed at if it wasn't 11 at night and every other place was full.

Pros:
It was a place to sleep and take a crap.

Cons:
I have a feeling they don't properly clean this place. When I was leaving, I saw the maid going into rooms with just a spray bottle and a roll of paper towels, then leaving less than a minute later. I think she just made the beds without even changing the sheets.
The TV in our room was missing most of its buttons and held together with a good amount of duct tape.
It was way overpriced, even after we haggled the owner down.
We were given these little round pieces of soap that combined only accounted for like a quarter of those thin bars hotels normally give you, and I am still suspicious of what exactly they were made out of...
There use to be a door next to the toilet that led out to a balcony, but the balcony was so rotted it was just about ready to collapse and the door was boarded up.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture. Honestly, just avoid the whole Pismo Beach area. It's really just a crummy place to be, unless you get into a nice hotel or like trailer parks.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank w3e4

Travellers are raving about these Pismo Beach hotels

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 14 June 2005

I stayed here with my husband 5 years ago as part of our honeymoon road trip from Vancouver to Mexico and let me tell you, I never ever want to go back to Pismo Beach again just because of our horrible experience there. First off, we checked in late at night and just needed a place to sleep and this was the only place with any rooms left (we should've taken that as a sign). The owners were super-friendly at first trying to sell us their "jacuzzi room" for almost $200 (!) We opted for a standard room and found that it was located right behind this huge dumpster. Room was very prison-like - small, sad with creepy bathroom. Since we were exhausted, we just showered and went directly to bed. An hour later, we were woken up by kids watching tv and drinking in the room next to us. They weren't particularly loud, it was just that the walls were paper thin! I could even "smell" what the kids were smoking! When we complained to the owner, he got all defensive and pissed off that we woke him up. He wouldn't attend to us and told us good luck in getting Visa to refund my money, all this while swearing at us in his native language. What a jerk. Needless to say, we left at 5am feeling very pissed off and cheated. I hope that motel/hotel closes down for good. Please tell everyone to stay away from that place!

• Stayed May 2000
11 Thank Kat33
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2004

BF and I stayed at this place for 2 weeks... We never recived room service the whole time. We asked for towels and such and the mangers of the place could barely speak english. The microwave and frig in the rooms smelled of smoke in a non smoking room. The place was small and I could hear the neighboring room. We payed a deposit on the use of the phone, one night we were asked to get off the phone by manager they needed the phone in office. Not sure what that was about but I have never dealt with so many problems in a hotel before. All in all I would say if you can check this place out before getting the room, unlike we did we reserved without knowing the condition of the place.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member