See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed during the middle of the week. Best price for location. Was a lil nervous bc it is a motel 6, and we needed a dog friendly place. When we arrived at 9pm... We were pleasantly surprised. Not as scary as most motel 6. Needs updating,but staff was friendly. We were in room 1 which actually had a pretty nice lil view of the beach. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2016

I liked it. I got a really big room, 2 very comfortable beds, no mirowave but there was a fridge and flat panel tv. I like the wifi, its not the usual motel 6 wifi. And it was free. No pet fee, i always love that. Now i stayed here before and was hesitant to come back because of the man at the front desk, but christina was at the desk this time and she was very nice.she let me check in early wich was very cool.
I never noticed they have a pool tucked away in the corner, it clearly needs renovating, and i hope they do, because that little grotto is very cool. I only saw it this time because my room was next to it and the gate was open. I really hope they fix that pool, it was way cool. Also they need to update the heater in the room. Old style, no thermostat so i woke up sweating like crazy
Id definatly stay again, its very close to beach and downtown pismo.

Room Tip: Room 6 is old, but nice and big with really comfortable beds.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Location is one block from the beach and you can hear the waves at night. Some rooms have a view of the ocean. Patio benches outside each room. Patio area with tables and chairs and umbrellas. Our suite was very clean and comfortable. One block from the famous Splash Cafe (best clam chowder) and the Cinnamon Roll cafe. Will definitely book room on our next visit to Pismo Beach.

Room Tip: The Suite rooms are roomy.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Would you pay $125 for a Motel 6?

1. Needed a hotel during the Jubilee by the Sea music festival. Entered the weekend dates for Pismo Beach and TripAdvisor gave me a list of available hotels and prices.

2. Hotels located in 3 areas: on the beach 1+ miles north of downtown $180+, downtown $125+, and next to 101 2 miles southeast of downtown $99+. This is with the AAA discount.

3. This was the cheapest place I could find in the downtown area, 1/2 block from the beach, and walk to restaurants, and the pier area.

4. When I made the booking, the place was called Ocean Breeze Inn, and that was how it was listed in TripAdvisor. Motel 6 took over, but Motel 6 is not the best of brands, so they left it as Ocean Breeze Inn so not to scare away customers!

5. 2 story newly painted motel, with parking next to the exterior corridors. One way arrows through the diagonal parking spaces . The side closest to the Ocean has the diagonals facing the wrong way, so you would have to back into the space, or go against traffic, and back out of the diagonal spot into the street.

6. Staff friendly and helpful. We check in at 4pm, and put a parking sticker with the dates of our stay on the dashboard. Offenders will be towed! 3 hour parking on the street between 10am and 6pm, 7 days a week.

7. Just enough parking spots for the 26 units. Tight parking, so if two full size pickups both park on opposite diagonals, nobody gets through!

8. We get room 25 on the second floor. No elevators, 20 creaky wooden stairs with no carpet padding to deaden the noise, nor slip resistant material, to reach the second floor. I grab the railing and its wobbly enough to break!

9. Open the door, notice that the door frame has big gouges in it, when the electronic key replaced the manual key, with a large gap under the door.

10. Place smells, probably due to the old, wall to wall, stained carpet, and hopefully not to the dogs! The rooms for the guests with dogs have hardwood floors.

11. No see through day time lace curtains, with light from the corridors shining above the tops of the stained black out curtains. Wife forgot her night shades, and had to sleep with a pillow over her eyes.

12. Two queen beds perpendicular to each other, 30" flat screen, cable TV on top of a large 4 drawer dresser, free wifi, and good size 36" refrigerator. Cocktail table with 2 patio chairs next to window. 1950s style wall heater.

13. No night stands next to the beds, no microwave, no ironing board, no coffee maker, no desk, no shampoo, no phone, no pictures on the wall, no AC.

14. Single night light above each of the two beds, with overhead light and ceiling fan. Mattresses may have been salvaged from the Hilton -noticeable sag in the middle. Ordinary sheet on the bottom, not a fitted sheet, so in the middle of the night the entire bottom sheet comes off my side of the bed, from the wife rolling around!

15. 24" wide bathroom door needed to clear the sink -standard door is 32" wide.
4 thick bath towels, 2 hand towels, and 2 washcloths, all of decent quality, replaced daily by housekeeping.

16. Sink is of 1950s vintage, with 2 faucet handles, and minimal sink counter space. Modern shower with temperature control, and larger than a phone booth. Soap provided, but no shampoo -got to save money somewhere!

17. Old fashioned push up bathroom window with screen, and view of neighboring hotel. Toilet is too close to the floor, designed for toddlers, and too close to the wall. Could not spread my legs wide when sitting!

18. Single large screened sliding glass window, with rooms 18-25 having a partial ocean view, next to the front door, overlooking the very wide exterior corridor.

19. Sliding windows can be lifted out of their tracks, so don't keep any valuables inside the room.

20. Exterior corridor has at least two patios on the second floor with lounge chairs, and benches next to the windows throughout. One of the patios is in front of rooms 24 and 25.

21. Second night we have a large family next door. The 5 adults are on the benches and lounge chairs right next to my window, until the 10pm quiet time, admiring the view, and trying to get away from the 3 kids watching TV inside. How do I get away from you 5 adults talking right outside my window?

22. All noise permeates through the cardboard thin like walls. So you are out of luck if your neighbor has crying babies or loud snorers!

23. Room 18 with one king bed, has the best view of the ocean, but is also right on the street and above the hotel lobby, with all the noises from late night arrivals.

24. The worst rooms are rooms 12, 11, 14 and 6, bottom floor rooms under the stairwells, having to endure people going up the noisy wooden steps at all hours of the night. Going down the stairs, I have a birds eye view of the room 14's bed.

25. Room 12 is in a dark, dead end corridor closest to the bowling alley next door, so be prepared to be serenaded by crashing bowling pins until the midnight hour on Fridays and Saturdays!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robert c
Reviewed 25 October 2016

This property is now a Motel 6, my regular go-to wherever I travel. It used to be Ocean Breeze Inn, now Motel 6-Pacific. I used to live in the are and looked thoroughly for what I felt "affordable" at a beachside location. This is it! Yes, the last time I paid so much at an M6 was in Coco Beach, FL, but it's well worth it. They're still having some "growing pains" with the M6 transition, but all of my experiences were seamless. And I'm picky. High recommend this property.

Room Tip: No rooms above rooms #1-4.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends