Del's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

I found this gem from a recommendation from the hotel I'm staying at, and I'm so glad we went with this company. I'm from Chicago, and love pizza. I ordered a margarita pizza and buffalo wings. It came quick with everything I would need for then, and the leftovers. The pizza was awesome! Not too much basil, and FRESH tomatoes! Absolutely awesome! We want to order again, but also want to try new places in the area during our short visit.

1  Thank Jane D

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Visiting with family. Decided to go to Del's as my brother had worked there 25 years ago. It was nice to find the place still open. Lots of folks eating pizza but we wanted something else. Beer and wine was delivered quickly. Orders were placed for the shrimp linguine, eggplant parmigiana and cioppino. Food was served fast enough but it was not as good as expected. Each dish seemed to be lacking just a little. No fish in the cioppino, pesto sauce in the linguine could have been creamier and had more basil. Eggplant seemed to need more seasoning. Service was excellent for the number of people eating. Just next time we'll try the pizza.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

A group of 4 of us visited Del's after a ride around looking for somewhere to eat. The cosy look from the outside drawn us in.

There were plenty of seats available, after choosing one, the waitress was prompt to our table to take our drink orders. Along with our drinks arriving we were given complimentary bread and butter - though only 3 plates for some reason.
Whilst waiting for our food, a guy, which could be the cleaner or the owner - either way he didn't have the uniform on which the other staff were wearing, he decided to start cleaning the toilets which we didn't realise were directly to our left - including emptying bins and walking through the restaurant with said refuse. It raised an eyebrow but we decided to continue with the evening without complaining. But needless to say, it put us off a little.

The food arrived and to be fair it was really delicious, the aforementioned incident was forgiven. The meatball calzone was a particular highlight. 2 of us ordered pizza which they couldnt finish so they were provided with a box to take out.

I did visit the toilets which (as I already knew from sitting in my seat) were spotlessly clean.

Overall - food tasty - restaurant cosy, would return.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Really fun Italian place with friendly service. Best canzone in the area and very tasty pizza and salads. Been there twice and will continue to come back. Pretty good bar and wine list also.

1  Thank johncE7357MT
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Came here on a Sunday night for a late dinner with my husband. Came back after a nice lunch in July, but should not have returned. Take note, all the servers appeared to be college students. While that is not an issue, they were all on their cell phones, thus the service was a little difficult. Ordered a antipasto salad and a pizza. Ordered the salad with blue cheese, salad was for me, pizza for husband. When salad arrived, no blue cheese. Was told at that time that kitchen was closing up and they only had Italian. REALLY? You wait until you bring me what I ordered then tell me you are out of the dressing I ordered? Unlucky for me, I hate Italian dressing. So...no salad for me. Listen, when someone orders something and you are out of it, tell them. Don't wait to deliver their food and then tell them you are out of what they ordered? While the pizza was good, service was poor and I did not get what I had ordered and had no option to change my order.