“Lots of potential”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pine Grove
Gold Country Campground and Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pine Grove
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My daughter arranged an extended family trip to this venue after a previous trip with just her family. I'm guessing the park is a little over 2000' elevation, in a mixed oak and evergreen forest. Its moderately hilly for a campground. The facilities are at the bottom of a hill, with tent and RV spots all uphill. Not too bad for the young, but a little much for my pregnant daughter and this old man.

Between the two trips, some of the activities were curtailed. I think management was doing its best to correct the problems. Arcade games had been removed, and at first the pool tables weren't available. Overall though, the pool was wonderful, and the Gkids really loved the water/splash park. The pool area would be better with more seating.

The park has lots of rules regarding number of cars, number of guests per site, etc. It is very important that you understand these rules when planning your trip. It is theoretically possible to be charged the full rate for a tent site, just to visit your friends/family for a while during the day. To use any of the facilities, you must have a wrist band. That being said, I never saw any enforcement of the rules. I don't like wristbands, so I kept mine in my wallet and nobody said anything. The office staff seemed a little stern, but the folks outside were all smiles.

I stayed in one of the motel units for one night. The room was better than I would have imagined, but I though it was a little rustic and kinda pricey. That's supply and demand for you. There are 8 motel units I think. The room was very handy for the Gkids to nap in !

We had a lot of fun and I'm glad we went here. I think for next year I will look for an even better place though.

Room Tip: Room 8 is closest to the activities, and furthest to the office.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Gold Country Campground and Resort

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I don't think I have ever been to an RV campground with sites this narrow. Our neighbor's pop out was so close to our picnic table that you could lean up against it from the bench. Their sewer hookup was two feet from where we ate. I'm not sure that's up to code. I have read other reviews that raved about the large sites, not sure where they stayed. We couldn't get the internet to work either.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KniteRiter
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had a family reunion for 82 at Gold Country Campground and Resort. The amenities made it a fantastic place for family members of all ages. People had great options for bringing their own RV's, tent camping, cabins, or lodge rooms. We used the recreation hall and all of the facilities to the fullest extent possible. Kids loved being able to go from the pool - to the splashpark,- to the playground - and back to the pool. Our group had quite the horseshoe tournament going on. The staff were all very helpful. I guess my only complaint would be that the restrooms could have been cleaner. I cleaned the restrooms myself in order to make our group more comfortable and another family member cleaned the fridge and stove in the hall before we could use it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here one night on a long detour around the north of Yosemite because of road closures. The park has lots of trees and large sites. Wi-Fi was intermittent at best and reception staff were a bit unfriendly. Otherwise, a lovely secluded and wooded place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuaGiLo
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We were in the area for a cross country meet and decided to stay overnight and make a weekend out of it. I was looking for a cabin or hotel that allowed dogs and booked a cabin after reading Trip Advisor reviews. I was not familiar with Pine Grove and immediately loved the wooded setting of the resort. The cabins were comfortable. The kitchenette had place settings and cookware. We loved relaxing on the balcony. The dog run was wonderful to have and my family enjoyed the mini golf, ping pong, and hiking trails. There were some maintenance quirks and some of the amenities are worn, but it would not prevent us from returning. I would probably go off season again because we liked that it wasn't too crowded. While here, we visited Volcano and Indian Grinding Rock State Park.

Room Tip: Cabins are in the back of the resort where it is quieter and they back up to the woods.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
12.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson
10.0 km away
Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort

Been to Gold Country Campground and Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK