All reviews wine tasting room roaring fire beautiful lobby oyster bar great bathroom street parking room was nicely furnished restaurant downstairs charming historic hotel perfect sleep sipping wine hotel provided grand dame window shopping construction noise otis elevator historic integrity
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Walking into this hotel I was excited for a wonderful stay in such a nice looking historic but modern hotel. Leaving the hotel, I was so glad to get out. What a let down. One problem after another. I was only able to stay for two nights for business. The first night I went to bed in a relaxing cool room. As the night passed I kept having to take the cover off, then the sheet, then the shirt, finally after hours of tossing and turning I got up and the temp in the room was 85 degrees. So not much sleep that night. In the morning I told the front desk they had maintenance there and said it would be looked at while I was away. Great. I came back that day to a nice cool 68 degree room. This is a little cold for me but I wasn't going to mess up anything so I left the temp there. Pulled the covers back and see three blood spots on the sheets. Too late to do anything I pulled the other side and that looked ok so I slept over there. Started to get hot again at night so after pulling all the covers again I looked and the temp was back up to 75. Maybe the place is haunted or something. I was glad I started at 68 so the 75 wasn't as bad. So now my worst problem. 5am wake up to get ready to come home. Brush my teeth turn shower on and wait for hot water. 5 min- 10 min. NO hot water! tried to call the front desk with their room phone, couldn't do it. No instructions or dial 9 or dial 0 on phone to get the front desk. I called with my cell phone and they tell me the hot water went out about 5. So cold shower to start my very long day back to the east coast. Not a fun stay. I would not recommend anyone go through these problems.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mtrace
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hotel Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Trace,
We are disheartened to read that you had a less than stellar experience at our hotel. Please accept our deepest apologies for certain aspects that did not meet your expectations. The issues you have highlighted aren't typical of our hotel but have been duly noted and will be discussed with our entire team so we can improve upon your next experience should you decide to stay at our hotel again. We hope that you will reconsider as our team would gladly welcome you back because we know a more satisfactory visit can be provided.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

it would help your guests if you were to install additional shelves in the bathroom.
Also, the night stands could be taller. My wife had to use them as a vanity.
The lobby area was nice.
There were plenty of places to eat and shop close by.

Trip type: Travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hotel Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Mark,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hotel Petaluma and for leaving us a positive review. It's wonderful to know that you appreciated our lovely lobby and our close proximity to amenities in the area. We are currently making a good thing better with our ongoing renovations and appreciate your suggestions for additional bathroom shelves, along with taller nightstands. Come back again to enjoy all that we have improved upon!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

The hotel was quant and beautiful I loved the court yard! The cleaning of the rooms was excellent service with nice thick towels. Big shower & bathroom. Room was a lot smaller than expected but we were able to get an additional luggage rack for our suitcase since there was not a dresser. Since we stayed 6 nights the room was a little small with having to live out of our suitcase. However, I would stay there again!!

Trip type: Travelled with family

We're excited by your outstanding rating of Hotel Petaluma! It's flattering to hear that you found our property as lovely as we do. We're glad you also enjoyed our clean accommodations and great service. Although you found your room a bit small, it's good to know our spacious bathroom and shower enhanced your stay. Many thanks for your compliments. We're delighted that you'd choose to return, and we'd be honored to host you again.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We are evacuees from the northern CA fires. We have been at Hotel Petaluma for almost 2 weeks now (will be here another 2 weeks) and the staff has bent over backwards to accommodate us in between all of their other bookings (they had a wedding here on Saturday & it was full but they still found us a room). Everyone at the front desk is exceptionally friendly and helpful...some of the best I have seen in the service industry. This has been a trying time for us and they made us laugh and feel at home (when you are forced to evacuate ASAP, clothes are not the first thing you think to grab!). They provided a shelter in their ballroom for 2 weeks which we slept in one night for free. It was very comfortable with their hotel mattresses. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It is an historic hotel and right in downtown so everything is in walking distance such as excellent restaurants, shops, services, etc. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and we've tried most of them! PLEASE stay here if you are in the area and support this great establishment. Petaluma as a town has restored my faith in humanity. The generosity of this community has been humbling to say the least.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sswinery
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hotel Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

We are so happy to hear that the Hotel Petaluma is providing a perfect refuge during your time of displacement due to the northern California fires. Although we've had to shift you around, it's great to hear you experienced our wonderful staff doing what they do best; providing attentive customer service. We will be sure to share your uplifting words with our team, and we appreciate your five-star review!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Wonderful people working there. I especially got help from Nadine, Allysa, and Heather.
Beautiful place to stay. They were wonderful to my dog and we were fed from local restaurants each night for dinner.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank deannalynne2017
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Hotel Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Deanna,
We are so happy to hear that the Hotel Petaluma made for a perfect place to stay during your time of displacement and that you experienced our wonderful staff in action, especially Nadine, Allysa, and Heather; we will be sure to share your accolades with them! Thank you for the five-star review, and we wish you safe travels back home.