“Nice hotel, conveniently located, friendly staff.”

Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Petaluma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I've stayed here a few times but this is my first review. I like this hotel. It's right off Highway 101 if you're driving, as I was, it's easy access and it's a very short drive to the historic downtown Petaluma and to Sonoma, Napa, and a bit up freeway to the tri-valley wine region (Dry Creek Valley, Russian River Valley, and Alexander Valley). It's a great jumping off point if you want to be in the wine region while not staying right in it. Also, just on the other side of the freeway are a number of fast food eateries.

The hotel is exactly what one expects from Sheraton: friendly staff, comfortable beds/pillows, clear quarters and a pleasant furnishings. There is a small lobby bar, restaurant on the premises, and a small shop for snacks and sundries. The only thing I didn't care for is that they have recently started charging $10.00 for parking, which is pretty ridiculous since they have a huge unattended, un-gated, self-park parking lot so, it seems like a money grab to me.

It's also on a marina so there are nice views from the south-west side of the building but then you also see the freeway overpass so, it's a toss up.

Even with the parking charge, I'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
ScottSatterfield, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review. I am glad to hear that you will be returning. I hope to introduce myself to you when you're here and thank you in person!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

this is a great hotel, intertwined with a Yaught club, the bar stayed open to almost midnight for us and the service was fantastic all the way around, highly recommend this hotel, there is a Starbucks down the road if you turn right out of the parking lot

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
ScottSatterfield, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

So glad that you enjoyed your stay! You neglected to say that we also have complimentary Starbucks and coffee makers in each room, for those who don't want to travel to get their morning coffee. We hope you hurry back!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We upgraded our room to include access to the lounge (soft drinks and appetizers at night and continental breakfast in the morning). Overall this was okay, with the exception of the phenomenal espresso/coffee maker! The bed was comfortable -- easy sleep with great smooth sheets and pillows. All staff were friendly and courteous. However, the glasses in our room were dirty (upside down on the counter as if clean) and the dresser/console (TV sits on it and in incorporates the fridge and coffee pot) was dirty as well. Since we retired late, we noticed these things in the morning and reported them upon check-out. A new associate said she would raise the issue to her boss. We were comped $30 and some points as members. Upon arriving home, I called the manager and expressed concerns about the cleanliness and how they assessed restitution. She relayed that "natures of this concern are handled with a $30-50 credit. She admitted, however, that they hadn't follow up on the issue itself. If you can't rely on cleanliness at a hotel, money is better spent elsewhere. As a final note, their website states there is free parking, but it was only after receiving my reservation confirmation that they tell you there is a $10 fee. I don't understand this, as there is plenty of room (unlike the city).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 1Somers
ScottSatterfield, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thanks for staying with us. Your concerns did come to my attention and I have addressed the issue. I would love you to come back and check, but I don't think you'll ever find the same dirty glasses again! Thanks again.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This appears to be a newer property and is well maintained, clean and updated. It sits on a narrow riverfront, looking onto the highway above it. It's perfectly nice for business or conference travel, has a small pool and a well-equipped if compact gym, complete with sauna. There were some bumpy moments with the restaurant on-site. For example, staff trying to direct children to sit in the bar area for lunch, instead of at a table (!!) The restaurant is quite expensive but reasonably good. Downtown Petaluma has a revitalized commercial zone with many good restaurants that are just a quick ride away, so consider those instead of eating all meals at the Sheraton. One caveat: this hotel is very comfortable overall, but we were surprised that the walls between rooms are paper-thin. We could hear our neighbor turning over in bed. Certainly ALL conversations could be heard, loud and clear. This was odd. Not a dealbreaker if you are a sound sleeper.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
ScottSatterfield, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thanks for your comments and thanks for staying with us. You'll be happy to know that we've revamped our menu and reduced our menu prices. We certainly hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights as SPG members. When I made the reservation I was a little concerned based on some of the reviews. However, the hotel was quiet, clean and conveniently located. We rented a car at the airport and went wine tasting every day in Sonoma. We started the celebration at Kendall-Jackson in Santa Rosa with the wine and food pairing which was awesome. Getting to Sonoma Plaza for breakfast was an easy drive. Yes, there's a $10/day parking fee, which is ridiculous because the hotel is in a shopping center, but it's better than some of the other ridiculous fees hotels charge. I would go back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
ScottSatterfield, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay! We do hope that you hurry back. There's so much more to explore!

Be well!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
2.6 km away
6.9 km away
Quality Inn Petaluma - Sonoma
24.6 km away
Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country

Been to Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK