All reviews private patio cocktail hour golf course beautiful resort every evening hot tub continental breakfast lodge spa privacy luxury property fireplace bath mattress california
Reviewed 27 June 2017

They overbooked the Lodge and offered to "upgrade" me to Casa Palmero. Of course, I was thrilled. It is a lovely property, like one's own villa. I was greeted by a very nice man who showed me around and checked me in (check in is done in your room). The room was huge with a private spa on the patio. All good. The cocktails and oer d'oeuvres were quite good , however, they had sushi, but we had to ask for wasabi.
The down side - the shower was quite small given the size of the room, as I am a shower, not bath person this was disappointing. The bed was surprisingly uncomfortable given all the other luxury - maybe time for a new mattress. I had put in an order for breakfast for 8:30AM, I received a phone call at 8 saying they had lost my order and only had the time - I had asked for 8:30, not 8. Glad I was already awake, due to some construction noise outside. The guy who checked my out was rather aloof.
While this was a very nice place, I think I would have perfered less luxury, in exchange for a view of the ocean. While it was a nice stay, I'm glad I didn't pay the full price for this stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2017

My husband and i stayed at Casa as part of the Pebble Beach Culinary getaway. I can't say enough about the property and the service, top notch all the way. Our room was large and lovely with a seating area, working fireplace, large bathroom and outsize patio with spa. We were steps away from the hotel spa and pool, which was amazing! I highly recommend staying here if it is an option on your next visit to pebble. While it may not have oecean views it is just a quiet slice of heaven.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room with spa tub on patio
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arandikc
Reviewed 4 February 2017

Mom and I stayed at the hotel summer of 2016. We had a courtyard suite with private whirpool spa.

Suite was just one room. I actually wouldn't call it a suite...patio was nice, but spa was making insane noise from dripping water. I asked engineering to come turn it off about 3 times before it was actually done.

Also, there is NO AC in rooms. It's 21 century people. Seriously? There are controls on the wall that look like there is a system in place but it's fake. So had to sleep with patio door open. It was not told to me before hand. Otherwise I would never have stayed in room with no AC in the summer!

Mattress also was terrible. They should spend more money on mattresses instead of putting cheap ones. Sleeping on bad mattress with no AC was not fun.

Hotel has cocktail hour each night with free snacks that were amazing. Shrimp cocktail and snow crabs. That's definitely a big plus for this hotel

Spa was terrible. My mom had one of the worst massages ever...

17 mile drive is amazing though. Def worth doing and seeing!

Definitely not coming back to this hotel unless they do some improvements.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank panthere
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

I had the opportunity to be a hosted guest of an industry meeting here and Casa was exceptional! I'm convinced the service and attention was no different for us than any other guests and it is impeccable! Just a short walk (or golf cart ride or shuttle) from the main lodge and unique little hideaway! So cozy wish had more time to spend within the walls of the "Casa". The guest reception I did not partake in but heard from others exceptional as well! I will be back and look forward to it !

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2016

This little luxury hotel located along the first fairway of the Pebble Beach course is a delight. In multiple stays, I have experienced the highest level of service and attention to detail which extends to coordination with golf arrangements. The property is private and quiet with comfortable rooms and spacious common areas (billiard room, etc.). I don't know how fully booked they have been when we have stayed there, but somehow they have always made us feel like we were the only guests on the property Our rooms have always faced the golf course, and given the location and low-rise style of the property (formerly a private residence) I doubt that any of the rooms have the expansive ocean view that you might obtain at the Lodge, but since I get plenty of that on the golf course this is not an issue for me. Definitely a treat that I look forward to each year.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple