“I believe the management are thieves”
Review of Best Way Inn

Best Way Inn
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Hawthorne, Nevada
“I believe the management are thieves”
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I booked a prepaid non-refundable two day stay. Uponb arrival they charged me again for the room. After calls from Hotels.com they issued me a refund - but did not process it with the credit card company.

If you travel - save your receipts and don't let them get away with theft.

Oh yah, don't expect breakfast either.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shawn H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 March 2011

this was the most disgusting motel I have ever seen. It was so horrible we checked out the same hour and were willing to pay $150 at the Hampton Inn. the manager did not give us any money back. we then wanted to get at least the price of breakfast back, but he only laughed... there were sperm stains on the chair and on the bed, and i was bit by some sort of animal during the 30 minutes we spent there...

don't go there... you're warned...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank merluza77

Travellers are raving about these Paso Robles hotels

Paso Robles, California
Reviewed 14 December 2010

this travelodge is the first and worst motel i have ever stayed in within my entire life and i usually use a motel at least once a week for business now i give motel 6 better credit then this motel! the manager in the office was so rude and was so quick to rush me out of his office it wasnt even funny. i went to this travelodge earlier in the day on december 14 to check out a room and i was told that i couldnt reserve a room just to come back later because they weren't busy, so i go back later that same day and the room i wanted to reserve was already checked out to someone else now i was also told my room was going to be $49.99 + tax and after i get a new room and everything they charged me $79.99 dollars and it was me by myself no animals or anything. so i say ok and go to my room now i get in my room which was #127 and there are dead flies all in the window seal, the dead bolt on the door didnt work and they put me in a non smoking room right next to an ashtray right outside my door mounted on the wall between my door and the one next to me!! i can still smell the smoke in my non smoking room so why did i have to pay extra??!! so my experience with this motel was horrible and i wouldn't refer any kind of animal to this motel let alone a person!! so i now am crossing any motels with the name travelodge off my list of motels when i need one!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 September 2010

This is one sorry, dreary hotel. The owners keep the outside cute-green grass, fresh paint, lots of marigolds, but the room I stayed in was pretty sorry.
We stayed here because it allowed pets and only added a $10.00 fee to bill. However, having stopped the night before at the beautiful and hyper-pet-friendly beautiful Cypress Hotel in Cupertino, I was especially dismayed by the Travelodge.
First of all, the only pet room available was a smoking room. After a night in that room my sinuses were ruined. The furniture was at least 20 years old. Ditto the evil mattress that sloped strongly to the middle. I felt like a mountain goat in bed that night! I tried to open the windows to air the room out a little. The bathroom window opened on two views: the back "dog run" / "hidden pool" and cellar stairs. Someone built a shed behind the motel, bisecting the bathroom window. Very Creepy. The pool was behind the motel in the dog run area. It was barren and unheated. The free breakfast was crappy watery coffee, stale Raisin Bran and cornflakes, sweaty "pastries" in cellophane packages. The juice machine ran out of Cranberry and the manager never refilled it. He also watched me struggle to take 1 coffee and two juices back to the room and never made a move to open the door for me. He was slovenly and unshaved and unfriendly.
The only nice thing I have to say about this place is the rooms were clean. I attribute this to excellent maids who probably have a sense of pride in their work rather than management.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Helendale
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Positives:
-Large grass area out front and some planted flowers and trees - looked pretty
-Free WiFi & continental breakfast
-Refrigerator and Microwave
-Extensive channel lineup
Negatives:
-WiFi only worked for a few minutes at a time and then the connection would be lost--this was seriously irritating
-Accepted dogs but charged $10 which the web site said nothing about
-Facility was old and tired; had been painted but sloppily done, cobwebs on the outside of bathroom window, scuff marks on the bottom of the doors
-Did not look clean, caulking around bathroom sink grubby-looking, dust lined the bathroom door indentions, chair upholstery was stained.
-We were there on a week night and there were a number of construction or production workers there that got up very early and idled their diesel pickups a long time before leaving. Lots of early morning noise.
-Breakfast minimal and 1 card table for seating: Breakfast offering was 2 kinds of cereal, 2 kinds of juice, cellophane-packaged danish and the proprietor poured the milk for you over the counter.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple