“Box With A Bed”

Motel 6 Paso Robles
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed 1 April 2012

If your desparate and have no other choice then this is your place. I carry a sound machine with me and had it on full and I could still hear all the noise outside, people walking, doors slamming etc. Also they charge for internet. This is by far the worst hotel I have stayed in this year. Awful.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I've stayed several times at this Motel 6 because it happens to be conveniently located for my occasional trip over to the Coast Highway. (Just two days ago however I found a "replacement" Motel 6 in San Simeon which is better in nearly every respect). The PR M6 is very average, or perhaps below average - some of the upper shelves were undusted, there has a cig. hole in the bedspread (in a non-smoking room), the toilet seat was loose, and the tub drain was broken. The price was OK for the location but they added the annoying $3 wi-fi charge. I've stayed also at the Melody Ranch Motel in PR - it's a little more expensive but a much better value.

Room Tip: I always wind up in the back of the building on the ground floor - seems OK to me.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sailorlite
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I stayed in this hotel in October 2011. It provides good basic rooms at a competitive price. WIFI was available for an additional charge of US 2.99 a day. The WIFI worked fine. The room was clean, the bed reasonably comfortable. The bathroom was also clean and the shower worked fine. There was plenty of hot water. The air conditioning and heating is not central, but rather a wall mounted unit under the front window. Other than being a little noisy, it worked fine.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room away from the parking lot as the noise will be less.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Went to Paso Robles for my son's baseball tourney, so happened the tourney was the same weekend as the Pioneer Festival in Paso Robles. All rooms were sold out in the town so it resulted us to staying at the Motel 6 Paso Robles. We decided as a group to go ahead and give a try. This is a pet friendly property with no certain destination for pets to relieve themselves. So be careful there are "Landmines" throughout the grass around the pool. Hotel is next to the freeway and restruants. Upon entering room it was very muggy with a smell of mildew. Also we requested a non-smoking room which it was but there were cigarette burns in the comforter. Television is a tube t.v, room was very outdated, and bathroom was very dirty with old water statins in shower and floor. After looking around and having a creepy feeling we toughed it out and went to bed. . As we woke up the next day, my son went into the bathroom and came out and said theres something in the bathroom. I then jumped out of bed and found a roach on the bathroom floor. We immediately packed our stuff, got ready and went and checked out. we drove 40 min to Morro Bay,Ca just to get a room and it was worth the drive. I was very dissappointed with Motel 6. I was skeptical about this property before going due to the reviews and I now know why...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank LisaRmro
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed for one night and it was perfect for what we needed. It was around $80 for the night (I believe it was more expensive than usual because it was labor day weekend). The room was clean, shower worked well and there were plenty of towels. If you are looking for a clean and affordable place to crash for the night, I would recommend. Also the woman at the desk was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple