All reviews pony bar club bar wood burning wonderful boutique hotel candy bar small hotel private courtyard wine tasting the interior courtyard within walking distance continental breakfast outdoor fireplace town square hotel guests rooms are lovely quiche favorite hotel
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for our weekend away and we're so happy we did! The staff and service is awesome! We lived sitting out in the Pony Club terrace under the magical lights listening to live music, while enjoying drinks. The contrary is really cool - s'mores sommelier and all! These are not your plain old s'mores! Our room was really beautiful - we had an awesome window seat and a private balcony and the staff had a chilled bottle of bubbly waiting for us in the room - so thoughtful!! Stay here when you're in Paso Robles - you won't regret it! Everything is within walking distance - a park, several shops, wine tasting rooms, and restaurants!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cheval1021, General Manager at Hotel Cheval, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Rachelle S,

Thank you so much for your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and your celebration! You picked a perfect weekend to visit, the weather was incredible.
The Pony Club really is a magical place at night, the trees and lights are beautiful.
I hope that you will think of us again when you are planning another trip.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed for four nights and had an excellent experience. There is a great attention to detail and the staff are proactive in asking if they can help. The checking-in was warm and welcoming and also very easy. The hotel offers a range of accommodations to suit different needs: everything is very well appointed. The large courtyard with its two log fires is a great asset, as is the Pony Club bar where light food is also served at the weekends.
The complimentary breakfast was a bonus: all the usual things plus freshly cooked items.
Although there is no restaurant as such, there are many excellent places within a five minute walk of the hotel.
This is certainly the place to stay in Paso Robles: highly recommended as the many five star reviews from others indicate.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear DoctorTraveller1959,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Hotel Cheval with TripAdvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
The Pony Club is a popular bar. We serve some great food and are lucky to attract some wonderful local musicians who play on our patio at the weekends.
I hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Paso Robles.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I don't want to write this review. I don't want people to discover this place and stay there and make it hard for me to get a reservation. This is a boutique hotel. It doesn't have hundreds of rooms. It has under 20 and I have stayed in a few of them over the years and they all are great. Very well appointed. Comfortable. The staff knows your name when you arrive, they bend over backwards to be helpful and if you bring your dog they will take its picture by the fireplace and put it on their website.
They have a free (well, included in the room rate) breakfast which is simple, delightful and tasty. There is a courtyard with fireplaces that you don't really want to use in the summer as it is hot - well, not so much at night, so people do light them occasionally and sit down by them. I think I once saw 5 or 6 people in the courtyard. The joint was not exactly jumping. People are friendly. They quiet down, not that they were that loud, but the place gets quiet early.
If you are looking for relaxing and being at ease this is the place.
Oh yeah, the reason I am writing this is they asked. As I said I don't want to write it, but they have been so good to me that I owed them one.

Room tip: Upstairs better and in back, but really it doesn't matter.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear G7306EFdavid,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us, even though it was hard to do!
Your comments were wonderfully descriptive, Hotel Cheval really is a fabulous choice for a relaxing getaway.
We very much appreciate our repeat guests, so do come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

It's no surprise that nearly every rating is five star for Hotel Cheval. From the moment you arrive it's evident that they are dedicated to making your stay intimate and personal with amazing attention to detail. The staff was wonderful and responsive and the hotel itself is a little piece of France in Paso. We would come to the area again strictly for the experience of staying here, even if we didn't venture out to all the fantastic vineyards, which of course we would. The two gentlemen that made us smores during our stay and were running around helping guests need to be mentioned - excellent work ethic and they were as passionate about the hotel as we were.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cheval1021, General Manager at Hotel Cheval, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Alex A,

Thank you very much for your kind review.
I was very pleased you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Cheval and I will certainly pass on your kind words to our hard working team, especially our S'mores butlers.
I hope you managed to visit some of the wonderful wineries in this area, if not, then a return visit is in order!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We were here for three nights and what a fabulous hotel. Attention to detail by the staff, beautiful accommodations, friendly staff, great food. Roberto and Richard, so kind and great s'mores chefs!!! Can't wait to return to your lovely hotel! Thank you for such a great stay!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Bebo72,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. It was a pleasure welcoming you to Hotel Cheval and having you stay with us. Roberto and Richard are wonderful members of our team and their S'mores skills are fantastic!
We do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.