“Always great”

Tablas Creek Vineyard
Ranked #8 of 164 things to do in Paso Robles
Reviewed 20 October 2015

Terrific wines, staff, location-it never disappoints and is well worth the drive so put it on your list!

1  Thank oclynn
in 22 reviews
"esprit"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 19 October 2015

I think most people who are familiar with wine know that Tablas Creek was recently (2015) rated the #1 winery in the US by the Daily Meal. While I don't always agree with such ratings, this one is spot on. On my recent trip to Paso with my brother I scheduled a reserve tasting for us (the reserve tasting costs $40pp and is limited to eight people). Not only were we lucky enough to have a mostly private reserve tasting (the other couple arrived about 35 minutes late), but we also had the great pleasure of being served by Evelyne. Evelyne made our tasting experience the best I have ever had (and I've had a lot!). She took the time to get know our tastes and brought us off-menu wines. With the exception of one wine, everything we tasted was truly exceptional. I'm kind of a wine nerd, and I was blown away by how much I learned in the hour we spent at Tablas Creek. Not surprisingly, I joined the wine club and have now added several bottles of Tablas Creek to my growing wine library. I just think this is a "must-do" experience if you're in Paso. Don't be put off by the distance from downtown...it's truly not that far and it's a beautiful drive. My only complaint, and it is minor, is that they do not serve food. So bring a picnic basket and enjoy some amazing wine!

3  Thank BlueHoo
Reviewed 17 October 2015

While at the tasting bars you will have a full view of the kegs of wine and watch as they are tended to. This is a beautiful and calming atmosphere, allowing or the full appreciation of the wines.

Tables Creek features estate grown Rhone varieties and Rhone-like blends. In addition to the tasting ($10) there are also tours at 10:00 and 2:00 of the organic vineyard, weed-eating sheep and alpacas, the grape vine nursery, and the winery. Open daily from 10:00–5:00.

1  Thank fro2
Reviewed 14 October 2015

After hearing what a great place this was we made to trip. It is one of the wineries that is the farthest from Paso. The place itself is very good but...... I was the designated driver for our group of six. While they enjoy the tasting I like to walk around, see the facility and check out the staff. As it was a weekend and there was about six servers, I noticed only one that seems friendly. The one ours had, I think his name was Jake, was terrible. He had about as much personality as a fence post. He talked very little only to tell you what wine it was and then on rare occasions to tell you he knew everything. When we checked out and they asked us how the visit was and we said not great they asked who the server was and when we told them you could see they knew how bad he was. But again, it was not just him.

1  Thank KegMaster