Another great stay at one of our favorite B&B's. Away from town, but with easy access to it, this uniquely pretty, peaceful B&B is just what the shaman ordered to help you unwind. The place has an easygoing feel to it, in no small part because of Sean, the manager's helpful, but laid back demeanor. The rooms are large, decorated Southwestern-style in keeping with the adobe structure and have awesome patios with a great view of the countryside. The breakfast that is delivered to your room daily is large and yummy. There are wineries/tasting rooms all around including Wild Coyote's own. This was our second stay and it was just as good as the first time which was nearly three years ago.
There are just a couple of reasons why WC doesn't get a 5:
- There's no door on the bathroom, just a curtain. Ok, but not great for couples and tricky for families.
- A choice for breakfast would be nice. We wasted so much because we generally eat high protein breakfasts and through yummy, the breakfast is traditional and heavy.
- Daily turn down service would take a little effort from the staff, but greatly add to the experience.
- Eco-friendly bath (and cleaning products for housekeeping) would fit the B&B image better than their current products.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winery Retreat & Romantic Getaway... TripAdvisor's award of "Excellence, Bravo & Thumbs Up". Experience Santa Fe in Central Coast CA. There are 5 Individual Casitas carved into our mountaintop with Panoramic Views overlooking our Vineyards. Hacienda Interior that offers; Kiva fireplace, Private Bathroom, coffee bar, TempurPedic King/Queen beds, Leather Reclining Sofa, Private Patio, Flat Screen TV, free WiFi, Santa Maria BBQ in the main courtyard, and a Jacuzzi just steps away from the Casitas. A welcome Bottle of wine from our winery, gourmet breakfast delivered to the room, daily wine tasting reception, and barrel tasting tour w/Winemaker. ... more less