“Approachable Delicious French Cuisine!”
Review of Paso Terra

Paso Terra
Ranked #2 of 215 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We offer a wide variety of American, French and international menus at our restaurant with experienced servers, bar staff and support. Paso Terra is also a full service caterer. Our unique approach is to customize each project to be special to meet your needs in every respect.
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

This was hands down my favorite restaurant in Paso. I am a fan of French cuisine but I especially liked Paso Terra because they don't do wild game- that's why I describe as approachable French . I had the scallops with caviar- amazing! They also pour complimentary champagne. We ordered a great bottle of champagne and it was half off on Wednesday! The chef is French and the detail shows. Now this place is small and intimate and definitely NOT for kids- please don't ruin the small space and atmosphere by bringing crying toddlers here.

cristina a, Owner at Paso Terra, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Thank you Amanda for your kind review..yes I remember you well with my favorite Champagne,,and yes half off is always a great surprise! We hope you dine with us again on your next trip to Paso Robles..thank you for the tip on the kids..we love the but since the restaurant is so small their cries are amplified..

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Dinner at Paso Terra is for people who want good food in a small, intimate restaurant where one can actually have a conversation. This is a French seafood restaurant, but they do have some pasta and meat dishes. We started off with the Burgundy Escargot Marchand DeVin appetizer. What a treat. It was a cold windy day in Paso, and the escargot was served in a way we had never had escargot before, it was more like a burgundy mushroom stew with escargot as the protein, served in a little cassoulet. The stew was accompanied by crusty crostini and wonderfully warm biscuit-like bread which we could dip into the savory gravy. Next for our entrees, I got the catch of the day, which was grilled Butterfish with Citrus Sauce; my husband had the Sea Scallops Sauté with Caviar Vodka Sauce. Both were delicious and properly prepared. Each entree was served over a combo of spinach and mashed potatoes, and accompanied by four vegetables (spaghetti squash, grilled tomatoes, haricot verts, and pickled red cabbage). Later, I heard one of the other parties raving about their order of Nut Crusted Halibut with Costa Rica Coffee Sauce a la Tica, which is a regular entree on the menu. Next time, I'm trying that dish! Good wine list, with one list specifically just for French wines. Corkage is $20 per bottle. We were from out of town, but it was obvious from the interaction the owner and the chef had with several parties that came in that this restaurant is a local favorite. Nonetheless, we were also greeted warmly by both. Also, all of the oil paintings on the walls were painted by Chef Andre! My only disappointment was with our waitress, who had only started working there 3 weeks ago, and while a sweet person, needs to be trained more on how the dishes on the menu are prepared. When we asked about the escargot appetizer, she could only say that it is delicious, and that's when she told us she had only been at the restaurant for 3 weeks. When I asked about the catch of the day, she just said that some kind of dressing was poured over the fish. Other than that, I recommend Paso Terra.

cristina a, Owner at Paso Terra, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Thank you so very much for your kind review of our restaurant. we are working hard to get our young waitress up to speed on the menu and its preparation. Chef Andre, my husband says that he is thrilled that you enjoyed his food so much. We hope you dine with us next time you are in Paso Robles

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

We were passing through Paso Robles during dinner time and used Yelp to try to find something that would work for us as well as our picky children. I called this restaurant because the reviews looked great but I couldn't find anything about children's dishes. The woman who answered assured me they could make them something so we decided to go here. Soooooo happy we did! The service was impeccable, helping me find a fabulous wine, recommendations on the dishes, butter noodles for the girls, the chef coming out to check on us. They could not have been more kind or helpful. We ordered the Greek Salad which I would highly recommend and my husband loved the lobster bisque! I would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely go back the next time we are in town!!!

cristina a, Owner at Paso Terra, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2016

Thank you Mercedes for you kind review..yes I do remember you and your lovely family well. We are glad you, your husband and your girls had such a good experience and hope you will dine with us on your next visit to Paso Robles..
Happy Holidays to you and the family

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

We made a last minute reservation here and so glad we did. All the food was fantastic. The crab bisque soup, salmon and pasta were all delicious. I'm giving this 4 stars as we waited some time before receiving menus, water and acknowledgement by wait staff. Once we gave them a nudge they were on top of things and luckily had a great dining experience. Would go back!

cristina a, Owner at Paso Terra, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2016

Thank you for your nice review Amy...so sorry you had to wait a bit ..I will make sure the staff are on top of their service..please come dine with us again
Happy Holidays

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

Had so much fun with my friends. The food was delicious especially the pepita salad and the fish we had was done perfectly. Atmosphere is fine dining and we could actually hear each other talking.

cristina a, Owner at Paso Terra, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy you enjoyed your dining experience with us and hope you will dine with us again soon!