My husband and I stayed at the Butch Cassidy room and our friends stayed at the Sundance Kid room, and we both have the same observations. The pictures for these accommodations do now show the real state the rooms are right now or from what was described on the internet sites. The beds were squeaky, sheets flimsy, and the pillows have seen better days. The carpet is in desperate need of cleaning/replacing. Light brown carpets with big spots everywhere (pets are allowed in rooms for an additional fee). Towels are very thin and they do not get changed during your stay even if you ask (we stayed 2 nights, 3 days). There are toiletries in the bathroom but they seem to be leftover from other guests...half empty bottles of lotion, shampoo and conditioner. One small soap for our entire stay.
The coffee machine was a nice touch, however, I found lipstick on one of the cups i picked up. So i decided to forego the coffee till breakfast. Breakfast had fresh orange juice and something that Tom (the owner) described as his version of mexican breakfast burrito. Not good, all 4 of us had the juice and decided to stop somewhere else to eat. Although Tom was very polite, his entire breakfast conversation was his pitch for his side business: the rolls royce tour of Paso Robles.
During our stay the weather was very cold at night (not your normal weather for Southern California), Tom turned the heat on for about an hour at night and they he would turn it on refusing to let any guests touch the thermostat. We had to pull out the small heater in the bathroom to heat up the bedroom.
I would like to give 0 stars to this review, however, the 2 stars i am giving is for the location and the beautiful views from the gazebo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at our romantic Villa located close to town and yet worlds away. Surrounded by vineyards, bask in the sun by the pool and enjoy see forever views from our 1200 ft elevation on a ten acre estate,lined with olive trees, lavender, and many kinds of flowers. Four suites, all with full bath, private patios or walk out sundecks. Southwest/Tuscan decor; eclectic furnishings; flat screen DVD players in every room for private movie viewing our library of over 500 first run movies. Air conditioned, Pool, serene, exclusive. Owner is Executive Chef and winemaker. Est. 2007.. Ten minutes from 20 wineries, located in the heart of the "Backroads wine district" in east Paso Robles. WALK to a nearby winery for a picnic and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Desperado Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Valdemosa Hotel Paso Robles
- Valdemosa Hotel Paso Robles