“A wonderful and peaceful place to getaway from it all.”
Review of Desperado Inn

Desperado Inn
Ranked #27 of 30 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 April 2015

Wonderful serene property, accommodations welcoming and private. The view from the Desperato Inn is absolutely amazing if you are looking for a relaxed getaway that is far enough away from it all yet a hop jump and a skip away from town this is the place for you. Tom is the perfect host, he has multi talents, he has wonderful people skills, great cook and plays guitars with passion. He can suggest great local wineries, restaurants ect. I would highly recommend the Desperato Inn.

Room Tip: The Desperado Room is great, I love the private entrance and back door to little patio as well.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 April 2015 via mobile

I loved the Paso Robles area when I was here for business last year. So when my wife found this place I jumped at the chance. We booked a six night stay at the Desperado Inn for our 10 year anniversary. It has been an amazing stay. Tom's a gracious and wonderful host. The property is beautiful and very convenient to the area wineries and scenic destinations.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkusWelbyMD
Reviewed 1 April 2015

Like other posters here, I read the reviews after purchasing a living social deal. I'm considering asking for our money back, our stay was so poor. Here's our accumulated pros and cons list:

Cons
• Owner had to be reminded to say good morning the first morning, didn't even acknowledge us the next. You're in the hospitality business, be at least slightly hospitable!!!
• There was a dead rat in the pool that I had to ask to be removed. I was going to go in, but not after seeing a dead rodent.
• Skimpy skimpy portions. As in, a quarter of an apple and an ounce of cheese during social hour. Like I mentioned before, be hospitable! I'm on a diet yes, but I still give myself larger portions! And don't get me started on the breakfast. The first day, my mom and I sat through the awkwardness but we didn't even try the second morning. I highly recommend going to Panolivo, it's in downtown paso.
• Bugs bugs bugs. Don't get me wrong, I expect a certain amount of bugs being in central California. But the amount of bugs in our room was abhorrent. Have you ever woken up to an earwig on your nose? Or a giant mosquito eater thingy attacking you in the showe? Let me assure you, it's terrifying.
• Our room didn't have wifi access after being reassured it did "and we were the first to complain about it". In order to catch up on work, I had to sit like a shmuck in the main house in my pajamas.
* the "free wine tastings" were not actually free, just coupons that were for tasting rooms that offered free wine tastings anyways.
• 30 dollar cash/check only "tax" that was thrown at us upon our arrival. That was totally unprofessional and unneeded. Why not ask for it at check out?

One thing my mom and I can't decide on is Max the cat. I'm an animal person and enjoyed his shenanigans, my mom is not. But we both agreed that his presence could throw a large monkey wrench in plans for someone allergic to cats.

The Pros:
•Beautiful location
•Quiet
•Close to wineries

But even the courtyard marriot off the 101 has that. So take our advice: DO NOT STAY HERE. RUN AWAYYYYY.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Yahudz
tomr67, Owner at Desperado Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2015

Thank you for your review. As the owner of Desperado Inn it can be difficult to hear critical feedback, since we care so much about our customers and want to provide value and satisfaction for every one of them. However, I believe we can always improve, so I will share your thoughts with our team to see how we can enhance our customer experience in the future. Respectfully, Desperado Inn

Reviewed 18 March 2015

Overall beautiful place. The room was great, gorgeous view, and central location for other wineries. The complimentary breakfast was delicious. Only issue we had were frozen pipes preventing us from an early shower, but it helped to keep water dripping overnight for the following morning. Also, if you're allergic to cats, like I am, be prepared because there's a house cat in the main house. Other than that, it's a great little place to stay at while enjoying the various wineries. No cable but there is a DVD player in the room. If you want to relax and unplug, it's perfect. Although vouchers were offered for wineries, we didn't need then since most of the locations offer free tastings.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nsalguero
Reviewed 17 February 2015

We had a great time at Desperado Inn. It is a small bed and breakfast, with a nice and friendly atmosphere. The place is located on a beautiful hill with a great view of the area and wineries. The room was clean and well maintained. Also the owner took great care of us and was really nice.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple