All reviews cinnamon rolls colorado blvd a small strip mall yogurt king suite free breakfast check in was quick hot breakfast minute drive the breakfast area outdoor pool rose bowl each morning one night stay room was large los angeles hie
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Had business throughout the valley and hotels in downtown were too expensive so decamped to this Holiday Inn express at the suggestion of the "accelerate" promo. I've stayed at other Holiday Inn Expresses before and have found them to have good value with no frills, which is fine. Unfortunately for this location, they ignored my TWO separate email requests for confirmation for my reservation (very unprofessional, brighton management). Also, the housekeeping staff threw out a bag of unopened groceries that I had in a shopping bag - but then very clearly left the other plastic bags I was keeping around for shoes/etc. Confused as to why they would not be more mindful - I had $50 worth of food/drink in that bag. I also was not emailed to ask for my feedback.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
HIPasadena, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Amos C.

Thank you for reaching out to the management and provide your feedback. We are glad that we were able to work towards your satisfaction. We have made the appropriate change since your review and we look forward to accommodate you in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Great rooms! Super comfy bed and pillows.
Excellent service and great cinnamon rolls at breakfast.

We were here for one time as we were attending a concert at the Rose Bowl. It was great.
We had a great sleep!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you, Leonora G.

It's exciting to learning that you have enjoyed your stay and our signature cinnamon rolls. We are looking to improve our breakfast soon hope we will get to accommodate you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We really like Holiday Inn Express, and this hotel in particular. The location is excellent if you need to be in East Pasadena with quick off/on access to the 210 Freeway. The service is excellent. In fact, I was so impressed that housekeeping saw me swimming in their pool at the back, and that the towel shelf was empty, so she walked to the laundry room to get me a towel.

Room Tip: Rooms at BACK of hotel quieter with more light
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We stay at this Holiday Inn each time we come to LA as it's close to family. This is our 4th stay here and we absolutely love it here. Nice to see upgrades at the reception and rooms were still very modestly comfortable, clean and neat. Have recommended this to my family whom love this hotel also. The breakfast service is always a bonus when you want a quick bite and not having to spend extra money elsewhere. It was more convenient for me to take up some plate of food for the kids instead of coming down each morning. I would really recommend asking for the room with the mountain view. So beautiful waking up to the beautiful mountains. Thank you Silvia and team for your awesome hospitality. Will return again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I have stayed at this hotel four times in the past four years. In 2014 and 2015, they were remodeling it. In 2016, they finished the remodeling, and the place looks gorgeous. It's clean, modern, stylish, and attractive. Breakfast buffet is quite good, and well-maintained throughout the entire time that it is available. There is an outdoor pool that is clean and well-maintained also.

The area in which the hotel operates is safe, and has a number of amenities that are quite appealing. During my last stay (from 25-27 July 2017), I used the Metro Station at Sierra Madre Villa Avenue to go to the Dodger game evening of 26 July. The Metro Station was close enough to walk to it. I strongly recommend using the Metro if you want to take in a Dodger game. Definitely the way to go to beat all of the traffic.

There are a number restaurants, stores, shopping centers in the area within a short walk or a short drive. Old Pasadena is available via walking or driving. A dramatic view of the mountains is at the front of the hotel.

The room itself was clean and comfortable, no offensive odors or smells.

I strongly recommend using this hotel during your next visit to the Los Angeles/Pasadena area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo