All reviews cinnamon rolls colorado blvd a small strip mall yogurt king suite free breakfast check in was quick minute drive the breakfast area outdoor pool each morning rose bowl one night stay room was large los angeles hie freeway
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I stayed here for 5 nights with family for a sight seeing trip last week. Hotel got all the basic stuffs and comfortable beds. Room is clean and staff are polite and helpful.

Hotel provides free wifi in all areas but a little bit slow. Guests could use the computer stations at the lobby for free which is convenience. Got a small pool and gym but I had no time to use.

Breakfast was simple but enough for us. Fruits, cereal, eggs, cakes and juices until 10:00am plus coffee for the whole day.

However need to improve cleaning/pest control as ants were found in my room and bathroom. Not serious but found everyday. Also asked Room Attendant for laundry bag with tips but did not get it when I return at night. Not good.

Overall not bad but had some works to do.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank openyoureyes369
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hi invisible33,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent visit at the Holiday Inn Express Pasadena-Colorado Boulevard, CA. We appreciate that you chose our hotel chain. It is always good to hear from our guests who receive adequate service. We aim to make all of your experiences rewarding.

I understand that the internet connection let you down and I appreciate you letting us know so that our hotel management can make necessary improvements. I also took note of your comments about housekeeping. IHG holds its hotels to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness. We're committed to ensuring these are met at all of our hotels. Our corporate offices will inspect the property regularly.

We hope to have the honor of seeing you again!

Best,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 1 August 2017

My friend and I recently stayed one night at this property after a concert at the Dodgers Stadium. The room with 2 beds was clean and comfortable and adequate room. For hotels near L.A., this was the best value I found online. I would recommend if in that area and would consider staying again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2017

I have spent a night in this hotel. As you entered the room there was an obvious smell to the room. The AC helped a little bit to eliminate some of it. The room's window was overlooking some shaks of the neighbourhood like homeless shelters so we could not open the curtains either. The bathroom was nicely updated but that was the only thing in this hotel which was up to standard. Actually the staff was very nice and professional too.
This hotel would not worth the price it charging for.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ManagerHIEPasadena, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Peter N.,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, we truly appreciate your feedback regarding the hotel and room. We will be sure to forward your feedback to our housekeeping regarding sheers and smell in the room. Most of all thank your for your kind comments regarding our staff. We hope to have a second opportunity in accommodating you in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

This is an aging hotel which is actually fronted by a strip mall. Rooms were older and oddly situated. Breakfast didn't start until well after 6:30. Overall not impressed, although the staff were nice. Parking oddly situated.

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Hi BlueHenFlyer,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important as this will help us to achieve our mission to provide the perfect guest experience. Thank you for noting our nice staff.

On the other hand, I am sorry for the disappointments you had with the overall condition of the property. I also regret the inconvenience you had with the breakfast served. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

While I understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, I sincerely hope that we get another chance to give you a better experience on your next visit.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Close to Caltech, Pasadena City College and Huntingdon Library. Hotel is 4 floors, most rooms with a small balcony, overlooking parking lots or the swimming pool. Plenty of parking around the hotel, some in a covered garage. Good selection at breakfast, which is included in room rate.

Rates are considerably increased when special event are occurring in the area (JPL weekend, college alumni weekends and graduation days).

Room tip: Rooms on upper levels are the quietest.
Date of stay: May 2017