4 people are viewing this hotel
$279
$302
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Traveluro
$254
Hotels.com$279
Priceline$302
travelup.com$357
1,630 results
All reviews city hall california pizza kitchen self parking starbucks coffee old town per day rose bowl fitness center los angeles norman valet ventana privileges robe closet bellman checkin
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 June 2022

This room has nice views, comfortable beds and good service. We got a room at the last minute because we checked out of a hotel that was not satisfactory. The room had a bathtub and a sofa/lounger. Good sized. Walking distance to restaurants.

Reviewed 11 June 2022 via mobile

The Pasadena Westin is well situated with truly lovely decor and an absolutely charming courtyard cafe/bar area. Beds are comfortable, room was clean. Unfortunately the experience with front desk check in was not great. But what truly took away from our three days here was the unbelievably poor service at the Ventanas restaurant. We ate there four times and also had drinks on the patio and each time it was the same. Honestly I would not come back based on the consistency of the awful service.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Siamak Nassirpour, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2022

Dear Alwaysatsea,

Thank you for staying with us and your candid feedback. I am happy to learn that you like our location and what our brand has to offer in the Pasadena area. I am deeply saddened to hear that we did not meet your expectations by offering you the friendly and cordial service that is expected from our staff and part of our Westin culture.

I hope you accept my deepest apologies.

Reviewed 6 June 2022

This is one of the allegedly better four star hotels.

On the plus side, the bed is comfortable, the bar and valet staff are friendly. Nice bar and restaurant ambience. The room itself was reasonably sized.

But I have never eaten room service (from a very limited menu) from plastic plates delivered in a paper bag with bendy plastic cutlery before. I didn’t make a fuss about the small bug in the lettuce but it didn’t leave me feeling super happy.

Nothing in the mini bar except water. Not even a bar of over-priced ordinary chocolate??

The room was tired, chipped desk furniture, a stained office chair. I think there were three hangars in the wardrobe.

C’mon Marriot - you should do better at this price point. I paid about the same for a Marriot at Sea-TAC that was soooo much better.

1  Thank luxuryqueenMelbourne
Siamak Nassirpour, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2022

Dear luxuryqueenMelbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet and exceed your expectations as a valued customer. We do appreciate your constructive feedback and are working diligently to ensure that all amenities and perks of the hotel are restored to their pre-covid levels.

We can only improve our services and enhance the experience through our guests feedback and comments, hence, we are truly grateful for the feedback.

Reviewed 24 May 2022

Spent 5 nights in this lovely hotel. Comfortable room on 4th floor, which also provided easy access to the pool. Great views from the pool. Hotel is within easy walking distance from the Old Town. staff were helpful and efficient but could have been more friendly.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 21 May 2022

I wish I could say better things, but the Westin is only out for your money and DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR GUEST EXPERIENCE. DO NOT book here for your wedding. Sorry this is quite long.

We chose this hotel for our wedding block - having 20+ rooms booked for multiple nights. My fiance and I upgraded our room to be a suite and I made sure the Sales/front desk team knew it was the Bride & Groom's room.

I want to preface this a bit to say that I used to be a hotel manager at a boutique hotel in Los Angeles, and I KNOW what you can and cannot do for your guests. We always went above and beyond for special occasions, especially having a bride and groom on their WEDDING NIGHT, especially when they have a large block of rooms booked. I'm talking custom gifts, champagne, chocolates, etc. We did not receive anything like that (not even a note or verbal congrats) from the Westin.

My husband and I had a horrendous experience here. The rooms are nice, but the customer service across the board was totally unacceptable. We are not ones to complain and are generally kind people. This experience was so poor that I have to write this very long review because it was truly abysmal for a hotel experience and customer service in general from the front desk again to the manager.

I checked in for my stay and the front desk agent didn't offer any acknowledgement it was our wedding weekend, no congratulations. My bridesmaid was with me checking in and said "this is the bride!" She was like oh, wonderful. I should have received a welcome bag that my mom organized for all the guests, but I did not get that.

We get check in and all is seemingly fine. After a long day of travel and the rehearsal dinner, welcoming guests, etc, all I need is a shower the night before my wedding. I go to take a shower and the water is either scorching hot or freezing. There was no in between, despite fiddling with it and trying all sorts of methods. So I end up having to switch off between burning and freezing, turning the water off in between, which was obviously not relaxing and not how I wanted to spend that night before getting married. I was also in the Army before and I still truly felt that was one of the worst showers of my life. So I call the front desk and the agent was fine, he said okay, I'll make a note for it to get fixed tomorrow. I said thank you and asked, can you really make sure this gets done or we get moved, because tomorrow is my wedding night and I really don't want this to be an issue. He said I understand and that was it. I did not follow up the next day about this because as you can imagine, I was preoccupied with other things (getting married!) and it was a really busy day.

Now it's 2am and my new husband and I get back to the room after our wedding (my feet were black from an outdoor wedding, fyi) and go to shower, and it's the same deal with the water- way too hot to be in there, or freezing, no other option.
We call the front desk, and Chris answered and I'm like hey I think I talked to you last night about the shower and we just tried to shower again and it's still messed up! He said, "oh, well I made a note for Engineering". No apology- just placing blame. I said, it really doesn't matter because bottom line is it's not fixed. Can we move to another room? He's like, I don't have any other rooms. He starts making excuses about why it didn't get done. I said again, it doesn't matter, so what's the solution? After prying it out of him, he says there's one room, which he offered to move us to. Mind you, it's a double bed ADA room, which everyone knows that room stinks, especially compared to this nice king suite I've had booked for months, FOR OUR WEDDING NIGHT.

What we end up having to do, is take the elevator (in towels, because we were already in the shower), up 5 floors to this empty room to shower in a crappy small shower with the shower curtain sticking to me. Then we had to dress there and go back downstairs to sleep. Not the sexy night we had in mind.

What's honestly one of the worst parts, was that after we agreed that we would go shower in this other room, we were waiting for the agent to bring the keys over to us. We wait 5 min, 10 min, Chris is still not there, which is weird because you think he would make us a priority as we wait half wet in towels. So my husband calls the front desk again and says "hey Chris, it's Mike" and Chris honestly, swear on my life answered with, "Mike, it's been 5 seconds". Okay, so it doesn't matter if it had been only a few minutes (which it hadn't!!) He blatantly was exaggerating and giving attitude. 5 seconds doesn't even make sense. And that's how you're going to speak to your guest? Knowing the situation and knowing it was our wedding night?! Knowing that we have to go to another room to shower - just blew me away in the worst way. So unbelievably rude. NEVER apologized or empathized with us in the least bit. Nothing about making it right or being sympathetic.

So then an employee comes and drops off the keys (seemed to be a different employee) and does not say a word to us, and avoids eye contact. Again, no customer service (on a Saturday night you should have your best team).

The next morning, I go down to the front desk with my mom and we ask to speak to the manager on duty, We meet, Yajaira, who says, oh I'm sorry, I'm sorry. We have to train Chris (duh). So my mom is like, what can you do to make this right. And she's like I can look into comping one night. To me, honestly that's bare minimum. They gave half the money back, but they really didn't solve any of the problems or make me feel valued as a guest. I asked, do you give breakfast vouchers? She said, we do. But didn't offer any.... Her handling of the situation seemed like she was uncomfortable and hoping we would leave the desk. We did leave and I really didn't feel good about the whole thing.

We go to breakfast and came back to get our car in the valet, and I said to my bridesmaid, ya know, I really just feel like they didn't care at all and I want to talk further to the Yajaira. So I tell the same manager, "I know you gave us a night off and I appreciate that, but I have to tell you I'm still feeling very dissatisfied over it and how the situation was handled was really minimal. We had so many people staying here and I should have been the VIP and was treated so less than that. You can't recreate it, that was our wedding night and that was then our experience." I've seen what hotel managers can do and how they smooth things over. Now it's Sunday morning after a busy night, you should have your A team on staff. She didn't even know this happened. We had to tell her. There was no communication from the night before. I tell her all this, and she's like "I can't comp both nights and I have to go through the Sales manager." Then my bridesmaid is getting heated a bit and she says, is the Sales manager your boss? No. So do you have the authority to refund both nights? I do. So you do, but you don't think this warrants both nights off. She said, no, it's a lot of money. EXACTLY!! It is a lot of money. And I paid that money, for what? I had to go upstairs and shower in another shower. And get disrespected by your staff. And I said, "okay, I'm walking away. I'm upset and this is how I'm going to leave and you're okay with that? You have the power to change that right now and you're not choosing to do that." I guess she was fine with it as she didn't offer any other solutions at all.

She did say she will tell the Sales manager, Tonya, (who booked our room block and my room) and that she will reach out, which she didn't. My mom had to email her about the gift bags because there was issues with those and told her the story about my room in that email. The Sales Manager, Tonya's, reply was that says, we reimbursed you for the one night and valet. Again, not really empathetic. Nothing about it being an important night and you brought a lot of business in and we hate that that was the Bride's experience. Just that she hoped the adjustment would allow for us to accept their apology. Again, they just show over and over that they don't care. They don't treat you like a guest. Not like someone they are welcoming into their hotel and want to take care of. That is not the feeling here.

So the hotel is beautiful. The room was lovely (except for the shower), but the staff to me, was incompetent to be in customer service. AVOID THIS HOTEL. I hope this review does something. I would really be surprised if someone reaches out to me. because again, they do not care about their guests. Only money. $389.40 meant more to them than truly rectifying a Bride's wedding night experience at their hotel.

Date of stay: October 2021
Siamak Nassirpour, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2022

Dear 602jenl,

Thank you for providing us a detailed summary of your stay with us. I am very disappointed to learn about your experience as it is not what we pride ourselves with. I would appreciate if you could contact my office directly so that I can discuss your stay with us further.

Kind regards,