5 people are viewing this hotel
$206
$206
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Westin.com
$201
Hotels.com$206
travelup.com$227
Traveluro$235
1,628 results
All reviews city hall self parking starbucks coffee old town per day rose bowl fitness center los angeles norman valet ventana privileges robe closet bellman checkin garage
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2022

I've been returning to the Westin Pasadena for years while visiting family in the area. The best part about this hotel is its location, which is across the street from city hall and walking distance to many shops and restaurants. I've stayed in rooms throughout the hotel and while some are nicely spacious or offer nice views of city hall or the mountains, others are definitely noisy, darker, and less scenic (especially those near the pool or overlooking the central driveway of the hotel). Rooms are getting a little tired and more furniture now is wobbly and scratched; on this visit, the bathroom had an unpleasant sewer smell that was noticeable throughout the stay and water continually dripped from the bathtub faucet. I do appreciate the refrigerators in the room. On this visit, I also noticed service seems to have gone downhill. I encountered staff who were almost universally unwelcoming: I was almost never greeted upon arriving by car and entering the hotel, and the staff member who checked me in said as little as possible and gave the impression that my asking for room keys (after mobile check-in) was an imposition. I'll probably continue to return, but as other newer hotel options continue to open in this area, I may start to try them out to see if they offer nicer rooms, a more consistent experience, and better service.

Reviewed 28 April 2022

I stayed at this hotel last weekend for my kids' soccer camp. I was unsure about staying here because of the mixed reviews. Upon arrival late at night, I noticed the pull-out couch had a necklace and a bottle of water left on it. When entering the bathroom, the shower was not cleaned and the toilet had gummy stuff on it. This entire experience was really disturbing, and due to having kids and the lateness of the evening, I couldn't move rooms.

By the way, the pull-out sofa was really uncomfortable.

In the morning, they promised to clean the room when we left. They also took care of my valet parking. However, the manager was supposed to get my food bill corrected and she stated she would be calling me back. She never did. It has been three days.

Besides the unfortunate circumstance, the room was nice with a view. The hotel was an ideal location. Great pool and gym. It's a historic hotel with incredible architectual features.

The cafe menu is limited with limited service. My husband tried to get another drink at the bar and left frustrated because there was only one person serving all of the guests.

It looks like they are still struggling to recover from COVID staff shortages.

Room tip: higher rooms best view
Date of stay: April 2022
Siamak Nassirpour, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2022

Dear Gina L,
Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback. I am deeply disappointed that due to some oversights we were not able to gain and fulfill your complete satisfaction. Rest assured, I will share your feedback with our team and work hard to get better and deliver a better experience for you and our other guests in the future.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 9 April 2022

This Westin isn't as polished as most of their other properties. The beds and pillows are very below Westin standards. They don't have as many towels in the bathroom as well, they seem to be shorting the towels for some reason. The pool was filthy, with hair and debris floating on the surface. On the up side, the staff is very nice and friendly and the bar and restaurant is open late. The hotel is connected to the Plaza in downtown Pasadena so it is located in the walking distance to all of Pas.

Date of stay: April 2022
Siamak Nassirpour, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2022

Dear DannyWink,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your most recent stay at the beautiful Westin Pasadena. I am disappointed to learn that the accommodations provided were not up to your standards and not what you are accustom to from your previous visits and stays.

Rest assured, we take your feedback very seriously and will look at the areas closely based on your observations and feedback. I hope when your travel plans bring you back to the Pasadena area, you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2022

We stayed here for 1 night - on a Saturday. I used Marriot points for this night and the check-in was a breeze and the staff nice and professional. The lobby has a great meeting area to sit and chat. The elevators clean as well as all public area. The room was pretty standard, but something of note - the windows can open slightly - which was a nice way to catch a breeze. Room was clean and lots of storage. Not a lot of ambient noise. Wifi good. We did not go to the bar as there are so many places in Pasadena. Car was valet and we uber'd and walked. Did not use the car once. Highly recommend walking in the area as there is beautiful architecture. A nice time in Pasadena and the Westin made it worth the jaunt!

Reviewed 19 March 2022

I am going to try to be as comprehensive as possible and separate into separate categories for easier reading. I included how much "weight" each category had for this review.

I was here for a 2-night leisure stay and had all activities already planned so I was staying here purely for accommodations for the night.

Location (Weight: Low): The location is quite nice. Relatively quiet for an urban area and not much, if any, urban blight. Felt safe and area was easy to navigate.

Parking (Medium): I did self-parking. It was easy and convenient. It cost $22/day for hotel guests and includes in and out privileges. I received a special ticket that would allow for in and out. Parking staff (looks like they are either third party/contractors, were VERY friendly. They have EV chargers on site that are free to use and are part of the ChargePoint network. Charging was a bit slow but it's just a plus at all to have destination charging. I went in on a Friday and didn't have an issue having access to a charging stall. The stalls are pretty small though so beware.

Hotel facility (Low): Very nice, clean and modern. Not a massive hotel so everything was pretty close. I did not use any facilities like a restaurant, gift shop, pool, bar, etc.

Hotel Staff/Front Desk (Low): Very friendly and helpful staff! Check in process was quick and easy--can't get any better than that!

Hotel Room Overall (High): I was in a standard King Room on a mid level floor. Overall the room was pretty good but it had several quirks.

Plus/Positive:
- Room Size: Pretty spacious, lots of room to stretch.
- Room Layout: I like the area by the window, had a nice large lounger-style sitting area flanked by two tables on each side with storage and mini fridge underneath it. It can easily sleep up to a small adult in the lounger if the need arises. The flanking tables had granite/rock countertop and was perfect for placing and opening luggage. It's pretty rare to see this type of layout but I like it!
- Bed: Comfortable, cozy
- Desk Area: Spacious, comfortable chair.
- Design: Room had a clean cut and modern design. Carpeted floors. The décor definitely did not feel dated.

Neutral:
- Lighting: Nowadays, it's more usual to have rooms where lighting in consolidated to a few switches, which I like. It seems like almost every single light/lamp in the room had its own switch on the unit itself--a tad inconvenient but not a negative in my book.

Minus/Negative:
- Bathroom Layout: The bathroom was pretty large but poorly planned. The shower was a bathtub with a shower curtain. The bathtub area is rather large, which is nice--so it was roomier than most. I prefer glass enclosures but it's just a preference. I had several quirks with the bathroom which will be detailed below...
- Bathtub: The shower curtain itself was just not wide enough. If centered, there is about a 6-inch space at each end of the bathtub. This would lead to water spray going out of the bath area and a slight draft coming in at the gaps which made it a bit chilly.
- Bathroom Lighting: There is only one switch for the bathroom lighting which lit up both the ceiling lights and the mirror lights. Would have been nice to have them on separate lighting as sometimes, mirror lighting can be a bit too bright.
- Sink Area: The sink area was ok with a relatively small sink with a shelf that ran across above the toilet. Not much space for toiletries, even for just one person. Kind of a weird design choice considering the size of the bathroom itself. The sole plug for the bathroom was at the corner of the bathroom, above the toilet so it was a rather inconvenient location for an outlet. For the hair dryer, which for some reason, has a ridiculously long cord, made it hard to use and the long cord just dangled over the toilet and floor, which is kind of gross.
- Showerhead and Pressure: (Note, this category is VERY important to me) - The showerhead was fixed and I much prefer a detachable head. The spray was pretty wide and unfortunately, that made shower pressure very poor.

In conclusion, while the hotel was mostly clean, modern, and had a great staff--the negatives make me not want to return to this hotel again until they fix the design/layout issues noted above.

Date of stay: March 2022
1  Thank nnni2018
Siamak Nassirpour, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2022

Dear nnni2018,

Thank you very much for you detailed review of your recent stay that pertains to both service and product. We always appreciate any feedback that would help us do better in the future and your observations have certainly provided that insight.

Rest assured, your feedback will be shared with our team as well as our interior designer for improvements that may be needed in the bathroom area upon our next renovations. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any further assistance.