New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

The Westin Pasadena
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tucson, Arizona
“Very pleasant and quiet, near what I wanted.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Excellent bedding, as usual for Westin. Also, loved having drip Starbucks coffee in room with real half-and-half instead of yucky fake "creamer." Excellent fitness center and housekeeping services. Right near freeway for easy access to everything, and nice restaurants and stores within walking distance. Valet service took and returned car quickly and efficiently. Great on-line price. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We were on 12th (top) floor, which was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Upland, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My boyfriend and I have the same birthday and so every year go away to celebrate. This time we stuck close to home and stayed at the Westin in Pasadena. It's a beautiful hotel with great staff. When we checked in we were told that we had received a complimentary upgrade to a balcony room...Yay! The room was big and pretty nice with a view of the reflecting pools and the swimming pool. There was also a nice little playground with a fort/ slides and ride on toys for kids. We could see the court house from the balcony which was nice. The bed was really comfy with great pillows and a cozy comforter. The bathroom was nice with a double shower head. Awesome! The only thing we didn't like was that there was music playing outside all day and night long. We could hear it even though we were on the 6th floor. I'm a light sleeper so that kind of bothered me but that was all. We had a great stay and would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank greeneyedblond44
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here recently for one night, and the front-desk service was great. We also got a free upgrade to their Starwood member level without us asking (I'm not sure what the difference is to other rooms/floors, but the room was nicely appointed and had a great view of City Hall and the mountains). Only (minor) complaint is that we asked for a crib on the reservation and a fridge at check-in, and did not end up getting either. It was unclear at check-in whether they had any left, but if it turned out one wasn't going to be available, I think the staff should have let us know by voicemail or note in the room, because when we got back to our room late that evening and saw that neither was there, we were too tired to go ask about it. But again, this was minor against the overall experience. In person, the staff was always very courteous and friendly, and we enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of City Hall - very pretty.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Biz-FunTraveler
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Thank you for your review. I apoplogize that we did ot fulfill your request for a crib and refrigerator. I know how important it is to have the right "equipment" when you are traveling with your family.

I appreciate your business and your loyalty. Our SPG travelers are extremely important to us and the measure of our success.
Fort Myers
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

There are several people that I feel to be recognized. I have been staying here for a couple of months. Lounge area: Kellie, John, Jessie, Immee(?), Lauren, and Nicole are great. Bell desk: Bob, Erwin, David, Oscar, Andrew, Mark, and Weldon, they are so courteous and helpful. Front desk: This staff is great and always remember your name and what you want in your room, Kahari, Hank, Chris, Raj, Eric, Timeshare, Ellizabeth, and Dale. These people are the reason I keep coming back here week to stay. Shane has also been very courteous and great attitude with guests and staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank for recognizing some of our best Westin performers. We have a number of great associates and I appreciate you taking the time to acknolwedge them by name. Thanks for your business and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin.
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed at the Westin Pasadena during a professional conference in March. Event attendees were scattered about between several hotels near the Pasadena Convention Center. I chose the Westin based on reviews that I found here on Tripadvisor. I wasn't disappointed.

Of the four options provided to the conference goer, the Westin Pasadena was far and away the nicest. The staff is attentive and helpful.

I was particularly impressed with the caliber of the conierge and courtesy van staff. The van is clean and looks brand new. The night of my arrival it was raining. I asked how far to the restaurant area (because I was hungary for a steak)? Andrew, the driver aske me if I would like an Argentinean steak and I said of course! He knew the manager, called, got me a table, dropped me off at the front door and picked me up when I had finished my meal.

The rooms are clean and spaceous and the hotel has a pleasant openess about it. The photo you see of the hotel on TripAdvisor is of the view of their "Plaza de Fuentes". Also on the property is McCormick & Schmick's as well as the California Pizza Kitchen. It's a short walk to the shopping center or if you like, the courtesy van will drive you...

I would definately go back the the Westin Pasadena.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your kind words and I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Westin Pasadena on your next visit.