Comfort Inn Near Pasadena Civic Auditorium
Howard Johnson Pasadena(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
US$ 162
US$ 126
US$ 194
  • Restaurant
US$ 145
US$ 140
Best Western Pasadena Royale Inn & Suites(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
US$ 150
US$ 183
US$ 344
US$ 275
  • Restaurant
Best Western Pasadena Inn(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
US$ 144
BestWestern.com
Saga Motor Hotel(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
US$ 117
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
US$ 172
US$ 160
Courtyard
  • Pool
All reviewsyogurtseparate freezerroom was cleanset top boxflat screen tvgreat place to stayvanity areaair conditionnice breakfastusa todayfree breakfastsmall poolgood nights sleepmotel stylecolorado blvdold townhot breakfast
Reviewed 10 April 2012

An older property, three floors, outside corridors, elevator. Room pretty much standard Comfort Inn, but comfortable, well-equipped, completely clean. Free breakfast also standard, but fresh, eggs, bread, cereal, waffles, all the basics. Location is good, though nothing is really walking distance (including the "nearby" Civic Auditorium, and nearby dining options are virtually nonexistent (2 of 3 I checked that were mentioned on the hotel's "nearby restaurants" list were out of business). But everything worked well for me. Bonus points to the staff, who were exceptionally friendly, helpful, and efficient. I've stayed here before (which the staff seemed to know, even though it was years ago) and would choose it again. If you're visiting the Huntington Gardens or Caltech, it's very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank hillretiree
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The room was comfortable. The breakfast was pretty good. They served waffles, cereal, muffins, yogurt, etc. Staff was ok.. Not overly friendly. When we returned home , we had Unauthorized charges on our credit card and the hotel was the only place we used it during our stay. The credit card company investigated and did not charge us for the fraudulent charges. Be wary, when you pay. Would not stay there again .. Not very close to where our meetings were.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Broncosfn
ComfortInnPasadena, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Pasadena Civic Auditorium, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Hello just want to start off by saying thank you for your business and we appreciate your stay here at the comfort inn Pasadena near civic auditorium. The unauthorized charges are actually authorizations from the nights you were here. It is a procedure every hotel must follow in order to check in guest. the autherizations can take anywhere from 3 days to a week from checkout for authorization to be released from bank. The reason the bank did not charge you the ch arges is because there was never charges to begin with since autherization is just pending and not an actual charge. Since this review was only written couple days ago, you must allow time for bank to release funds back into account. Online statement will show pending after few days the pending will clear but it needs to be given time. We were completely unaware of this situation since customer did not make effort to contact us and let us know so we can explain the autherization process. We do have sign in the front lobby when you register stating all cards will be authorized for security reasons. It is a simple procedure all hotels go through in order to let a guest stay in any of the rooms. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused. We hope someday to earn your business again.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

This was the second visit to this Comfort Inn. Same great service from the front desk staff. Room was clean and comfortable. I arrived the day of severe high winds that caused major damage throughout the city. The hotel staff was outside raking up the storm damage as I was checking in.

Room Tip: Both times I stayed on the second floor. No problem at all.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank chris1916
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I'm not usually a big fan of hotels with outdoor corridors because oftentimes they're a little run down. Not this one. The up keep on the grounds was a plus. There were flowers and trees and a freshly paved parking lot. The room was clean. The breakfast was assorted and well stocked. The guy at the front desk let me borrow his screwdriver set so I could work on my computer. One of the best parts was that it's within walking distance to all kinds of things so you don't have to schlep around looking for a bite to eat you can just walk a block or so. I'm giving this place two thumbs up. Not bad at all for an outdoor corridor hotel. It's all about the details and the management of this hotel understands that.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank HandsumMuscle
Reviewed 29 January 2011

I have spent 3 years out of the last 4 at this motel for a total of about 20 days. I was completely satisfied with my room. It was large, clean, and pleasant. I only had one problem and that was a faulty remote control. If I return in 2010 and stay in Pasadena I will stay here. I was totally satisfied with it and had none of the problems I have read in the other reviews.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo