“Wild mushroom with polenta and truffle butter - Must Have!”
Review of Union

Union
Reserve with OpenTable
Union is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 747 Restaurants in Pasadena
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2017

It is a quaint small place with the nicest food ever! The wild mushroom with truffle and polenta is decadent. We ordered one and then ordered one more, just because it is that good. Great wine list. Can get quite crowded, even on a weeknight.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I am a foodie, cook, wine collector and difficult to please. That being said, Union is pretty darn good. Flavor, creativity and presentation are all worth the evening. Not my choice for wine however. Beer and wine only. We had the wild mushroom with truffle butter, lobster pasta with squid ink and grain risotto. On my hard scale Union is an A- and I would go back.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

A small space but it has a great spirit. The food is not old school Italian but rather a twist on the standards. Their meatball appetizer is superb, a classy comfort food dish. The pasta we had was Cacio e Pepe, and it was a more gentle tasting version with a bit of a smooth, creamy texture. The staff is attentive and quite active, and it's a fun place to be.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I used Open Table and was fortunate to get in (dining alone) at 5:30. Totally booked other than that. Once I found the place (well hidden) I was welcomed in. I liked the small, interesting space, and the commitment to locally sourced foods.

I was seated, and got water right away. The waiter informed me of the Monday Special of spaghetti and meatballs. I ordered that, with an arugula salad and a nice sangiovese blend. The main dish was very good. Meatballs perfectly cooked, and the pasta and sauce were great. The arugula salad was lacking. Just had a dressing and parm. It really could have used something more, like perhaps nice, local tomato.

Service was OK. It seemed like a long wait for some rather simply prepared dishes, but friendly and professional. My rating is reduced for price. May be worth a visit, but having eaten there, I can check it off my list and move onto more appropriately priced places.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Out on the town for the night. Make reservations, this is a cozy local spot that caters to those who like food, not entertainment. Meals can be served farm table style where everyone shares or individual. Either way you will love it!!

Been to Union? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK