“Crave-worthy regulars!!”

Gale's Italian Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Gale's Italian Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 726 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: California
Transit: We are very close tothe Del Mar Station for the Metrolink. We are about 3 blocks away.
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Consistently wonderful, fresh, authentic crave-worthy Italian! Any time my husband and I get a chance for a dinner date - it's Gales. Friends in town? Gales. Special family celebration (including children?!) - it's Gales.

The food is always great and there's something for everyone. Specials are fresh and delicious; servings are generous and the prices are totally reasonable.

My personal go-tos?

Appetizer: Bruschetta or Burrata (both are made fresh daily)

The Original Simple Salad (usually I order a double size - the dressing is ridiculously crave-worthy!)

Fresh Salmon Special - either on the daily special, or the original

Feeling frisky for Italian seafood? Try the Zuppe Di pesce or the Ravioli di Mare.

Dessert: any flavor of the Coolhaus sorbet is awesome, or the berry crumble is my jam. If I'm with friends, the coconut cake is a can't miss. Not ordering dessert? Gales provides complimentary biscotti at the end of the meal - her grandmothers secret recipe.

I promise you'll be happy you found Gales!! It's literally my favorite restaurant in Pasadena...or the Valley...or Los Angeles..or SoCal.. :) you get the picture, I'm a fan.

Insider hint: try to reserve a table on opentable if you remember...it's just nicer to have that ready. If not, grab some crostini and a glass of well-curated wine at the bar. (I confess I sometimes don't make reservations so I can grab a Moscow mule at the bar)

Enjoy!

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Came here for dinner earlier today and it was pretty darn yummy...but the service was kinda on the wacky side, maybe our server had a bad day...

Our server acted like he was interested in all his other tables but ours... everything was fine until he wouldn't admit to not bringing out one of the salads, spoke too fast and just left...it sounded something like this
"(gives two salads) i'll bring your salad right out" - 10 mins later
"excuse me, I still haven't gotten my salad"
"oh, it'll be right out" -8 mins later
"excuse me you forgot to bring my salad..."
"oh, does your entree come with a salad, (points at our other friend who also gets a salad with his meal and received it) Oh I gave it to him, he's not suppose to get a salad..."
Whaaaa? Um everyone was suppose to get a freakin salad, just say you forgot it. simple as that... other than that little mix up he was alright.

The wine list has some really excellent choices like silver oak and coppola but expect to pay high prices on any wine bottle. Anything good is mostly over $40.

I ordered the portobello stuffed ravioli, wild mushroom cream sauce, it was ABSOLUTELY FREAKING DELICIOUS. I would go back just for those raviolis!

My friend ordered the pumpkin stuffed ravioli and he said they were delicious.
Someone else ordered the lasagna, it looked great as well.

The bus boy does hiss job very well and they are not pushy at all, like "are you done with that..." lol

Everyone at the restaurant is extra happy and cheerful, our server just needed to say sorry my mistake.

***reservations are a must for dinner unless you want to wait
***plenty of parking

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We enjoyed sharing a meal with family here and the staff were very welcoming to the 11-month old with us. This is very much a family restaurant--nothing fancy but food is good and so are staff.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here with my husband. The food was amazing. Everything was prepared perfectly. The service was above par. It was a wonderful experience. Highly recommended

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Gale's is great place to get a delicous Italian dinner! They take reservations on Open Table and have parking.

We were a party of six - we had a reservation and were seated very quickly after arriving. Our server came right over to take our drink orders and brought out some delicious bread to enjoy while we were looking over the menu.

There is something for everyone on the menu: soup, salad, pasta dishes, fish, chicken, pizza, etc.

I ordered the roasted chicken which came with 2 sides. I chose the sautees spinach and roasted potatoes. Everything was delicous! Everyone in our group enjoyed their meals.

Be sure to check out their dessert menu - there is a lot to choose from.