“Great place a for a celebration dinner”

Gale's Italian Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Gale's Italian Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 752 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: California
Transit: We are very close tothe Del Mar Station for the Metrolink. We are about 3 blocks away.
Reviewed 12 June 2017

We celebrated my nephew's graduation and my sister's birthday here. Service was great. Food was good and prices were reasonable. Variety of choices. Able to accommodate a large group of 13. Plenty of parking. Would come back again.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Based on other reviews the restaurant was larger and not as noisy as I expected (both good things). We had snacked in the afternoon so we just shared the soft shell crab special appetizer and a pizzetta with mushrooms that was also on the daily specials. Both were tasty and fresh. Bread was also very good. We'll return for a real dinner next time we are in town. Service was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Yes, it can get a little loud when the place is full, which it usually is at dinner. Nevertheless, to avoid that, go early but be sure to make a reservation, which is what we did. Our server (Brooke) took very good care of us and the food was delicious. We shared a soft shelled crab appetizer. It was really good! Then I ordered the meat lasagna, which I love. Combined with Gale's great Italian bread, it was perfect, not to mention very filling.

3  Thank Robert L
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

We tried to eat here but had a horrible experience with the staff. We were willing to wait for a table but no one would take our name down or give us any idea regarding the wait time. We eventually gave up and decided to eat at Le Grande Orange instead.

1  Thank robin A
Reviewed 5 May 2017

I was taken to Gale's by a friend. Now I introduce other friends to this charming local restaurant. The staff is friendly and most accommadating, My second time eating here my friends and I arrived before they opened and were invited in. We were given a table, invited to order drinks and the chef sent us a complementary plate of bruschetta. The owner, Gale, is present and on each visit has stopped by our table to check on us. The food is all fresh and delicious. Every entree my friends and I have eaten have been 5 *****. The pastas and the salads are my personal favorites. Try the shrimp salad or the flat iron steak salad. The mushroom ravoll and the clams with linguini are my top pasta choices. If you are a cappuccino lover then by all means order one to enjoy with the complementary biscotti at the end of the meal. Just give Gale's a visit next time you're in Pasadena and you will be in for a culinary treat!