“Love the Lasagna”

Gale's Italian Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Gale's Italian Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 747 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: California
Transit: We are very close tothe Del Mar Station for the Metrolink. We are about 3 blocks away.
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

This is our favorite Italian restaurant. The home made bread is always fresh right out of oven. The lasagna is the best I have had in Southern California, and the Italian sub is delicious. Seating can be tight during the peak hours. The decor is authentic old time with a modern twist Italian and the people are always friendly.

1  Thank LMCinLA

Reviewed 24 March 2016

The food, service and ambiance at Gale's is excellent. It's a pretty intimate place so make reservations in advance. It is popular with locals.

Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Every thing about this place was spot on. Service was wonderful, lemon wedge in your water. Wine list is great with a wide range of red and whites. We all had pasta dishes, wonderful.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Terrific Italian dishes in a nice, casual atmosphere. Great all around menu expertly prepared. Great bar, too! Service is exceptional. Ownership is clearly hands-on here.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

I was killing time waiting for my wife to finish browsing the antiques center next door when I realized that there was a restaurant right next to where I was parked. Walkover and saw that it was open and there was a football game on in the small bar area.

Sat down and ordered a martini, texted my wife where I was and starting watching the game. My wife finally joined my and she ordered a glass of wine.

When I first walked in I was the only person in the bar. By the time my wife finished her glass of wine the place was jammed and people were lining up.

Something was going on. We didn't have any real dinner plans so we decided to stay in the bar and eat. Good decision.

Great food - great service from the bartender (whose name I can't recall-but he has been there forever and makes a great martini and seems to know all the regulars).

When we left 3 hours later people were still streaming in {Saturday night)

Plan on going back when we can (From San Diego) may even make a detour just to come here,

1  Thank Paul L