“Favorite Pasadena restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North De Lacey
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We have been visiting The Kitchen Italian Café for over ten years now. We love the house salad, the eggplant parmesan, the roasted potatoes and the pastas, especially the Lemon Pasta. Portions are generous, service is good, prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I was a little concerned when I walked in at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday and there was only one couple in the restaurant. Every other place in Old Pasadena seemed to have a lunch wait. However, the restaurant did fill up as I was eating and there was steady take-out traffic. Fortunately, my concern was unfounded. I ordered a side Caesar salad (it was okay) and a Canadian bacon and sausage calzone. The calzone was excellent. The Kitchen uses a mozzarella, parmesan, and ricotta cheese mix. I really liked the addition of the ricotta, especially combined with the slight sweetness of the sausage. I also enjoyed the traditional pizzeria vibe of the restaurant. I don't get to Pasadena much, but when I do, I will keep the Kitchen on my list.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Definitely this is a place to try or repeat. This is the third time I have gone to KIC&P, and all 3 times I have been greatly pleased. Service is good. Food is good. Servings are sufficient. Prices are good. There are so many restaurants to choose from in the area, but this is one that I will keep coming back to. I always like to try new places, but this seems to be one I gravitate to at least once a year. (Oh, BTW, I'm not a local. Come up from the Victorville area.) Nice ambiance, and the place is small, so servers don't seem to get lost.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

We stopped in for a quick lunch and really enjoyed everything we ordered. Portion sizes were perfect and great value. Food was fresh and delicious!

Would we go back again? Certainly. But, we're likely to try another sushi restaurant in the area next time.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Came here with a couple work associates for lunch and had a great meal. Pretty good deal with the pizza slice/salad combo during lunch. Caesar salad was actually really good, and the pepperoni pizza was solid (though not great so maybe try another flavor if pizza is what you had your heart set on). Service was excellent. Would definitely come here again.