“Great place for a quick lunch!”

The Kitchen Italian Cafe & Pizzeria
Ranked #89 of 783 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North De Lacey
Reviewed 3 March 2017

We stopped in for a quick lunch and really enjoyed everything we ordered. Portion sizes were perfect and great value. Food was fresh and delicious!

Would we go back again? Certainly. But, we're likely to try another sushi restaurant in the area next time.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Came here with a couple work associates for lunch and had a great meal. Pretty good deal with the pizza slice/salad combo during lunch. Caesar salad was actually really good, and the pepperoni pizza was solid (though not great so maybe try another flavor if pizza is what you had your heart set on). Service was excellent. Would definitely come here again.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

In Pasadena, during the Rose Bowl game half time, and with a puppy who couldn't be left at home without the possibility of something being ruined, we decided to get take out, which I never do. The first three places we called were closed (federal holiday), but after reading so many Italian menus, we were hungering for lasagna and pizza. Finally, The Kitchen, in Old Town, answered the phone. Yippee! The person who took our order was very pleasant. My son picked up the food while I sat in the car with the puppy because the parking is a block away, and full, because many of the people who had come to the Rose Parade were still in town. My son said that the girl who rang him up was a "sweetie." I was just glad to have some food. The pizza was wonderful, really garlicky (we had specified garlic as a topping). I would suggest that one request double cut, as the pieces were so unwieldy. We also ordered lasagna, a huge portion, which my son loved, especially the ricotta. He thought it tasted like Rondele. It was a tiny bit sweet for me. I'll be going back, because it's also a United Mileage Plus restaurant, so I get extra points.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

This is a wonderful small Italian Restaurant just a block north of Colorado Blvd in Old Pasadena. All the plates we have tried are delicious. They have a deep dish pizza that is rich in flavor and very filling (one piece, maybe two to fill up on). Can't go wrong on the pasta dishes either.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

Had some of the best lasagna I've ever had. My spouse had ravioli and raved about it. Service was excellent.