“Very Nice Italian on Lake Avenue”

Celestino Ristorante & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Celestino Ristorante & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 747 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: between Green St & Cordova
Reviewed 17 September 2017

This is a good, upscale Italian restaurant. It is comfortable, not excessively formal, and the food is quite good. I had the mixed seafood salad as an appetizer...it was large and very good...and the pappardelle with pheasant as a main course...also very good. My wife had the special burrata and black and white tagliolini with scallops...also good. The restaurant is on the expensive side, but not excessive. Wine by the glass costs $14, but at least for that price you get a really good pour. We ate outside, which was pleasant. Service was professional and attentive. Not the best restaurant in town, but well worth returning to.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Celestino's Ristorante & Bar has been a local Italian restaurant favorite for many years. The food is good and reliable, served without pretention in a lively atmosphere. There are several rooms/spaces in the restaurant but even the "quiet" areas can be quite noisy.
The salads, pastas and entrees are big enough to share, if you are a moderate diner.
The wait staff is casual in a trattoria and familial way, not service befitting a quiet, staid dining experience.
It is NOT an inexpensive restaurant which precludes it from being a Friday night favorite sort of place.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I am aware I will likely infuriate many locals who find this to be their favorite and label it 'the best Italian' Restaurant in the area.

I beg to differ, not to be overly critical or harsh, simply that I have had better elsewhere both locally and in other cities.

I found the Caesar Salad very oily and not well prepared overall. The anchovy appeared unappealing and tasted 'old' and mushy.

The pasta dish I had was bland in flavor. The wait service left alot to be desired and missed opportunity to sell adult beverages and wine. This was surprising as our host was known by the chef owner who came out to greet us during the very slow service meal.

Maybe we came on a bad night, but it was a Saturday and you would think a restaurant as notable as this would be more 'in the groove' with Saturday night Service.

Unfortunately I saw nothing that would encourage me to come back and spend my own hard earned money here. There are other places I would rather try for the first time, than re-visit Celestino. Again, all IMHO yet based on vast experience and comparison.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Even with reservations, we were left standing at the reception desk for about 20 minutes after our reservation time. When finally seated, we were ignored by our waiter until we complained. The food was mediocre, at best. My sword fish was over done and dry.

The restaurant was noisy and cramped.

I would avoid this overrated restaurant

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Consistently great food and excellent service. Our favorite restaurant in Pasadena! We are vegetarian and have tried all their veg entree's and have loved all of them. Our friends have thoroughly enjoyed the sea food options as well as the beef. The service is excellent, feels like family owned and operated.