3 people are viewing this hotel
Courtyard
$216
$217
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$217
Hotels.com$217
travelup.com$237
Lol.travel$253
1,021 results
All reviews rose bowl parking garage self park sink area restaurants and shopping starbucks coffee front desk staff location is great one night stay air conditioner per day love this hotel the room was nice bistro marriott lobby tiffany
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2022 via mobile

3 night stay. Arrived past midnight, Karl was very welcoming and friendly. Arrived at room, bathroom floor had not been cleaned properly and had many pubic hairs and stains on it, toilet had a feces stain and there were yellow stains on the bathroom walls and door, there was a long black hair in the sink. Pillowcase had a hole in it and bottom sheet was stained. We slept as it was so late but in the morning I asked for housekeeping to clean it properly, instead staff member moved us to a new room, which was cleaner. The elevator was also in need of a clean and lobby/restaurant areas needed swept more often. Breakfast was okay, quality of food was okay but I was very disappointed to see a member of staff take a piece of bacon to eat from the chafing dish with his hands.
Overall staff were friendly and helpful, good location, but I wouldn’t stay here again due to lack of cleanliness.

Room tip: Pay the extra for valet, they were very prompt
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stephen Blaine, Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena / Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2022

Thank you for your note regarding your recent stay. We were so sorry to learn of your completely unacceptable experience while staying with us. Cleanliness is our number one priority and clearly, we fell well short in your case. We sincerely apologize on behalf of our entire team. We have shared your detailed notes with both our management and line staff with the goal of not repeating your experience. We are thankful that you did take some time to share your kind words regarding our staff friendliness and helpfulness. We do truly appreciate it. While your recent stay was less than adequate, we do hope that you will give us a second chance next time travels point you in our direction. There are a lot of exciting things happening here and many more to come. We want you to be a part of it!

Reviewed 21 January 2022

Stayed one night at the Courtyard as we had reserved tickets for the Rose Bowl Parade. I was able to secure two rooms in September using points, otherwise it was over $700 for the night.

I was surprised by the size of this hotel, it has over 300 rooms, while it was sold out it didn’t feel like it was. Didn’t have to wait long at check in or for the elevator. There was ample parking in the attached garage and each level of the garage had an entrance to each floor of the hotel, making it very easy to unload the car with all the luggage.

The hotel has been through a partial update, lobby updated, rooms updated for the most part and the hallways still need updating.

Our room two-queen was spacious, comfortable and clean. I was able to get good night sleep. The room had a microwave, fridge and coffee machine. The sink area was separate from the rest of the bathroom making it easy for two people to get ready at the same time. Only downside to the room was the lighting, it was very dark once night fell. The lights around the TV didn’t work and the light between both beds were in need of an upgrade (they weren’t part of the refresh) as they were super dim and old.

There is a restaurant and Starbucks in the lobby which was efficient with the morning rush.

Plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance. We were able to walk to the parade route in about 10 mins. I also able to secure a late check out, so we didn’t have to worry about rushing back afterwards.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2021
Stephen Blaine, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena / Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2022

Thank you so much for staying with us. The Rose Bowl and Parade are certainly an exciting time to be in Pasadena. M With plenty of shops and restaurants open and within easy walking distance, Pasadena maintains that Rose Parade like vibe all year long. We look forward to seeing you again next time travels point you in our direction.

Reviewed 19 January 2022 via mobile

Check in staff rude and inconsiderate
Zero acknowledgement of lifetime platinum status
Request for towels through app never responded to. Called front desk to request valet bring car to the front entrance, not done by desk. One positive appears to be friendly and pleasant staff at caffet and at valet.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Stephen Blaine, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena / Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2022

Thank you for letting us know about the challenges during your recent stay. There is absolutely no excuse for us not only showing you our appreciation for your lifetime Platinum status but also in providing the basic levels of service. I am writing this response from the road as I am traveling this week. I am finding that all of the Apps are great at providing many services such as contactless check in, digital keys, service request and check out but only when backed up by real and caring people. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short in these areas. We hope that next time travels bring you in our direction that you will give us another chance to show you that we truly do care. Until then, safe travels.

Reviewed 17 January 2022 via mobile

Traveling with family and needed a room with 2 queen beds. This hotel foot the bill. We stay at Courtyard often and are familiar with the brand. The hotel staff was friendly. The room was nice and clean but just dated. Looked like it was still in the 80s. Nice to have a Starbucks in the lobby because breakfast was expensive. Started to eat in the restaurant but the menu was really limited so we walked several blocks in the cold to eat at the Cheesecake Factory

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Stephen Blaine, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena / Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2022

Thank you so much for staying with us and enjoying a cup of Starbucks at our Bistro. While there are plenty of great restaurant choices within easy walking distance of the hotel, we are sorry that we could not meet your dining needs here at the hotel. Thank you again for staying and we look forward to seeing you again the next time travels point you in our direction.

Reviewed 17 December 2021 via mobile

Generally always a great stay with Marriott properties. Was a good stay this time. The staff was very helpful. What was interesting was that COVID caused reduced room servicing. I was there M-F and did not have my roomed cleaned the entire stay. I asked for additional bar of soap. And they only had body wash. I’m not sure my room was thoroughly cleaned before I got there. I understand help is hard to find right now. These points will not stop me from staying there again but surprising given Marriott’s high standards. I’m not much of a complainer but the fire alarm went off at 3:30 am then at 6:15 am on Wed morning. Not one of my all time favorite stays but I’ll be back.

Room tip: There is self parking available and it’s easy.
Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Stephen Blaine, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena / Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2021

Thank you so much for staying with us. I do sincerely apologize for any areas in which we fell short of expectations. While Covid has caused us to have to limit contact, great service has no limitations. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the coming new year.