I would say I had an acceptable week-long stay at the Cardinal. The room was affordable and had everything I needed for a business visit to the area. However, there was nothing stellar about the staff or rooms that is worth noting. Plus the charge for the wifi was freaking annoyin......
Here is a summary of what I liked:
- Fun, historic hotel.
- Simple but well equipped rooms.
- GREAT location in downtown Palo Alto, near Caltrain, shopping, restaurants, etc.
- $5 for wifi access is redic in Silicon Valley, come on.
- Desk staff seems annoyed when you ask to store your luggage, check-out, check-in, whatever. It's just not welcoming.
- No AC (though they did have a ceiling fan), which was fine for the week I was there. I imagine it would be rough on the 3rd floor on hot summer nights - though I know that those are fairly rare on this part of the peninsula.
Anyway, I would stay again just because of the location and the great rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Old World charm in vibrant downtown Palo Alto. Built in 1924, the Cardinal was Palo Alto’s premiere Hotel. Today the ambiance remains; the gracious lobby still provides a delightful glimpse of Old Palo Alto. Enjoy the hotel’s warm atmosphere and proximity to world class dining, shopping and Stanford University. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cardinal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cardinal Hotel Palo Alto