“Hidden Oasis!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Hidden Oasis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

I traveled to Palo Alto on business and stayed at the Creekside for a few days and what a treat. The hotel was located close enough to everything I needed and ended up making a business trip into sort of a vacation. Even though I was at a conference for ten hours a day, coming back to this hotel every night was something to look forward to. Definitely not your typical hotel by any means.

The property is broken up into several types of buildings all mixed in with tons of trees, plants, water features and gardens so it makes for an interesting experience just walking around. It felt so relaxing and peaceful everywhere I went. The room was fantastic, I ended up on the third floor and had a balcony in the front overlooking a big area, including a stream and bridge. There was wildlife all over and the sunrise and sunsets were sort of amazing.

The hotel is not new at all and I was completely impressed by how well everything was maintained and kept up on. My room had an amazing retro feel to it with lots of light coming in from both sides. It was clean, beds were really comfortable and the pillows were great as well.

There is a great restaurant on site and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and a full bar to hang out in. Also a connivence store on site with liquor was nice. The front desk employees were super nice and helpful for the entire stay. I noticed the property also had electric car hookups and plenty of parking. I will stay here again for sure. Its not a newer property but its got a certain magic that you just can't find very often.

Room Tip: I stayed in the north most building and it was fantastic. Nice and quiet for sure.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I recently stayed a month at the Creekside Inn. I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly the staff was during our entire stay. Lindo Perez, the Assistant General Manager, was especially kind and professional. In fact, all of the staff at the front desk were fabulous. Prabin was the first staff member we dealt with and he provided wonderful service that set the tone for the rest of our stay.

The Room: Was clean, quiet, and roomy. We had a corner unit with a separate sitting area. Our first floor guest room opened up to a nice patio area where we could sit and watch the squirrels and the serene little creek.

The Restaurant: Wow! I loved this restaurant! The staff was accommodating to my son's special diet, and the food was always presented in a timely manner and was delicious every single time. I can't tell you how refreshing that was. Normally restaurants disappoint me after dining there a few times. Cibo's never did.

The Driftwood Market: This too, was a great place to get foodstuffs and great sandwiches. This hotel may be on the pricy side, but it was unique and it left us missing the beautiful grounds and great people.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper levels, since this hotel has a lot of wood that creaks. It is a charming...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tam O
CreeksideMGR, General Manager at Creekside Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your appreciation of our hotel as well as our wonderful staff and service! Your kind and generous comments have certainly made our day. We hope your travels bring you back soon, as we would be especially delighted to welcome you again!

Kind regards and safe travels,

Luis Carreno
Creekside Inn
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I had the opportunity to stayed at this hotel while attending a Forum at Stanford University, in last April. Definitely a great experience; well located, peaceful, very green... The rooms (the whole group of the forum booked more than 20 rooms) were all comfortable, large... the view from the balcony was very nice, though giving me the opportunity to enjoy mornings and evenings... a relaxing after whole day conferences.

The service offered by the managers, staff at the front desk, were just perfect, especially the one given by Mr. Prabin Thapa, who helped a lot all the students throughout the week, and more important during the departure day, though the students we had different schedules, flight itineraries, ... and we were very nervous about our transportation to different locations, mainly to the airport, Mr. Thapa got to calm people down advising us how to book the shuttles, making jokes, and having great talks. Ah! the housekeepers always smiling, but from the bottom of their heart... and always ready to help too.

Even if I am a smoker, I can tell that the place is great for those who hate smoke-smell all around the location, or in the rooms (I hate the smell in hotels rooms too). There are designated areas for smoking.

The restaurant/bar was very nice too, offering good food and drinks, and the staff there was also very attentive.

I definitely recommend the place. If I can ever complaint about something, is the fact that they do not provide water bottles, after the first complementary ones are gone... anyways, there is a convenience store right in the same location, and also just across the street there is another one where actually the clerk was very nice too.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

Excellent experience. The Manager went out of her way and smoothed over a difficult booking via Hotels.com. My room was large, quiet and comfortable with a pretty view of the creek from my private terrace. It was surprising how quiet it was, because it is located on the El Camino Real - a busy street. A restaurant (Cibo) and a small convienience store are also located on the property. My bed was very, very comfortable. Thank you Prabin and the entire staff at the Creekside Inn!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back along the creek are very quiet and offer little terraces with a patio table and ch...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed here four nights for a family trip and enjoyed our stay. Two adults and two young boys (ages 8 and 4 at the time of the trip). The room was small, but fine, since most of our trip was spent out and about. The bathroom was small, but clean, and fine. The grounds are very pretty, landscaped very nicely, parking is easy, the hotel is close to Whole Foods, and to several other shopping areas. It's easy to get to freeways from the hotel. Our room was quiet at night. Our two young sons had a lot of fun playing in the pool.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family