“Outdoor Dining During a Heat Wave”
Review of Thaiphoon

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University Ave
Transit: VTA 35, Caltrain
Reviewed 29 September 2016

Their Salmon Curry has been on the menu for years, but it seems to always get better. Another standby is the Tom Yum Goong or Tom Yum Kai which come in a bubbling Thai pot to share. Even as they have expanded to other South Bay sites and enabled Door Dash deliveries, they have still maintained the service levels and food at the mother ship. The sidewalk dinning areas was exactly what we wanted on a hot Sunday night.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

I was on a first date (and last). I recommended we come here so I could get the salmon curry. It was FANTASTIC with a great fusion of flavors. I've never tasted anything like that. The cocktail and wine selection was vast, as there is much to choose from. The hostess was warm and welcoming. The server was a little off and seemed nervous. The food came out immediately. It was nice to sit outside because there was live music across the street. It made for a romantic meal, but unfortunately, my date was some narcissistic Indian man who was on some diet so he only drank rum and cokes the whole time. More food for me. Although my date went south fast, I will be back with a gal friend or by myself. It's definitely a great place to solo dine, or if you have a larger party, go inside.

Reviewed 29 May 2016

From the minute you enter the restaurant to when you leave, service is great! The team serve you with a smile and are ready to sort out any choices you may have. They were able to serve us what we wanted and it was delicious! I recommend

Reviewed 8 February 2016

This is a small restaurant right in the heart of Palo Alto, CA and a reasonable distance from Stanford University as well as the train station for easy access. My son works at Stanford and regularly brings groups of people to this restaurant because of the convenient location and good food but I joined him recently for a group dinner also. Many of the other guests came by bike and I can see why-- parking is a serious issue and I was lucky to get a spot that someone was just vacating but some other group members drove around quite a while before finding parking. This is something to keep in mind when planning to come here.

We had a reservation for 12 which was nicely set up for us before we came. We were served water and given menus as we came in and the service was pleasant and quick as new group members came in. My 12-year old granddaughter was also with us. We all ordered separately from the menu and everyone found something they enjoyed including someone who was vegetarian. The food was excellent. Those of us at my end of the table did a bit of platter sharing so I was able to taste a variety of the food including fried rice, mango chicken and yellow curry. All of them were very tasty and done just right. We had steamed white rice on the side which, by the way, is an extra charge so keep that in mind when ordering. All in all, it was a great experience and I would definitely enjoy going there again in the future when I'm visiting the area.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

Not bad Thai food. The staff was slow to seat us and even slower to take our order. We had spring rolls, nothing spectacular but good, nice fresh herbs. Pad Thai that was just OK and some green curry that was pretty good.