“One of the best in Palo Alto”

Tamarine Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 367 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tasso & Webster
Description: Tamarine is a contemporary Vietnamese restaurant that features the light but flavor-intensive culinary delicacies of Vietnam. The restaurant offers a menu based on small plates, promoting the Vietnamese tradition of the 'shared' meal in which food is shared and enjoyed with those close. Tamarine's small plate entrees are enjoyed with the pairing of a variety of aromatic, flavor infused rice, designed to be mixed and matched to create a truly unique flavor experience. Along with culinary delicacies of Vietnam, the restaurant showcases the works of emerging artists from Vietnam and other Southeast Asian countries.
Reviewed 13 February 2017

This is the best Asian fusion (mainly Vietnamese) restaurant in the area and one of my two most favorite restaurants. It is an excellent place to have a business type of meal and for celebrating family events. My favorite is lemon grass sea bass. I usually don't like fish but I can't resist this dish. The way they make it and the spices make it unique and non-fishy. Another favorite is Shaking Beef. Here again, I avoid eating beef for heath reasons but these beef cubes are a perfection for which I make an exception. Soft inside and dark barbecued outside. We also like the green papaya salad. This is a place to eat family style and they have great appetizers (roti) and veggies (long beans, cauliflower). I haven't found a chicken dish that I like, I guess nobody's perfect.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Love this restaurant for the flavorful food, excellent cocktails, great service and happy hour! The atmosphere is beautiful and comfortable. More value at lunch, but dinner is more romantic in atmosphere. Excellent happy hour! Try the flavored rices for sure...the best I've ever had and they come in a banana leaf! I get extra to take home! Curry is delicious too. The rice cakes are my all-time favorite when they have them on the appetizer/bar menu. Get them for sure! All the food has been super flavorful and cooked perfectly all 12 or more times I've been there. Go if you like asian food. It is not greasy. It is an wonderful place for a date or business meeting or to hang with friends and family. I would not recommend it for small children unless they are very well behaved! they are closed between lunch and dinner. We sent friends there for their Anniversary dinner and they loved it and will return!

Reviewed 28 January 2017

From the friendly greeting at the door thru the signing of the check, Tamarine was a great experience. Excellent selection of appetizers, entrées to die for, a great wine selection and wonderful ideas for deserts. Expensive but great!

Reviewed 17 January 2017

The food was one of the best meals I ate in the Bay area - the quality of each dish was excellent.. The Tamarine prawns, as well as the sea bass and cod were fresh and flavorful

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Last time we were at this place was 2 years ago and we had been disappointed. This time everything was absolutely perfect, food and service. We had the Hamachi tostada, salt and pepper calamari, the wild salmon and the Ha Long bay soup. We washed all this with a Failla Keefer Chardonnay which was absolutely delicious.
The waiter was very friendly and efficient. We will return.