“Fun, fast healthy lunch”
Review of Spice Kit

Spice Kit
Ranked #263 of 365 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Love spice kit! You pick your protein, carb, veggies and spices and they pop it on the wok and you're left with a box of goodness. Perfect fast lunch that's not fast food.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

I am Asian. I grew up in Asia and I have lived in more than one Asian country. I have traveled extensively around Asia and have tried different Asian cuisine. I eat Asian food everyday. While I am not connoisseur, in my opinion, this not how Asian food should be prepared and served. The taste was weird, I couldn't quite place it. Is it Thai, Korean, Vietnamese or what? There are other Asian restaurants nearby. If you want Asian food, go to those restaurants.

I understand that the concept and taste might work for other people. It just doesn't for me.

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Nice concept which allows a variety of combinations and food styles. Can recommend the lotus chips and fresh coconut juice.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The best way I can describe Spice Kit is an Asian-fusion version of Chipotle without as much freedom in toppings. The concept is quite similar:
1) select a bowl, wrap, sandwich or salad
2) select your "main ingredient" a choice of meats, veggie option, or daily special

My boyfriend and I went for the ssam Korean bowl with kalbi beef short-ribs and a salad with the classic five spice chicken. I added their special poached egg to the bowl. The food was okay and the meats were not that flavorful. We both drenched our bowls in sriracha.

It's convenient if you need to grab a quick bite or want something to grab and go-- I think our food came out in under 5 minutes. I like that everything is compostable or recyclable. +1 for being environmentally conscious. There is limited seating space inside so I wouldn't recommend dining-in during peak times or with a large 5+ group.

Note: My friend warned me that she had some stomach issues about 30 min - 1 hour after eating here a couple months ago. I definitely had the same problems but my boyfriend was okay. Funny because I'm the one who usually has the stronger stomach. I don't think I will be back anytime soon because that definitely was not a fun experience.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I really liked this place. It is excellent for well-prepared,casual Vietnamese/Asian style food. The choice is yours, of rice, salad, wrap, sandwich etc then you select the 'mains' to go inside it. The tofu is really good. This was my first visit to the place and the staff were extremely helpful in guiding me through available choices. Everyone's meal is freshly prepared in minutes and the staff cope with a line of people in very reasonable time. The decor and atmosphere are 'minimalist' but I don't mean this in any critical sense. It works for a place of its kind. It is excellent value for money compared to meals in formal restaurants in the locality.

1  Thank profjoypc