“Pessimistic, but Pleasantly Surprised!”
Review of Yucca de Lac

Yucca de Lac
Ranked #127 of 387 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone +1 650 322-1188. I would personally write a review for this one. It's both very good and very expensive.
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We were looking for somewhere we had not gone before at the Stanford Shopping Center and happened upon Yucca. I was not overly enthusiastic when I read it was Vietnamese fusion, but my husband wanted to try it so we went. We sat outside which was lovely. Seating is very comfortable and it's a good place to people watch. Service was very good. We ordered a couple appetizers, the pot stickers and the chilean sea bass covered in bacon. There were three nice sized pieces of the sea bass which were very good. The pot stickers were excellent. Then we shared a rib eye chow fun which was absolutely delicious. I would go back just for that. The meat was tender and the chow fun was so yummy. It is not a cheap restaurant, but the atmosphere, service and food warrant the price. We will definitely go back sometime.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

The outdoor seating, particularly in the lounge area, is great. People watching, comfy chairs, lots of room. The service for my lunch was topnotch. Food is pricy, as might be expected in a high end shopping mall. I had the hot and sour soup -- not very hot or sour, slightly sweet. But it did taste good. I would have liked some vinegar on the table to make it more sour. The green papaya salad came with four decent sized shrimp. Nothing wildly innovative, and not haute cuisine, but decent. With a glass of wine, and tip, my lunch came to $30. A splurge, and worth it if you want the very relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I met a friend for lunch here on a Friday and really enjoyed sitting outside. It was a great place to people watch and admire the different beautiful dishes they ordered. If I didn't have to return to work, I might've sat there longer. I must've been hungry, because I ate the seared ahi and mango salad very quickly. I appreciated the ample portion, especially the well-seasoned and nicely seared ahi tuna and sweet and juicy mango. My friend enjoyed her flavorful garlic noodles. Too bad we didn't have enough time to order desserts. The mango dreaming looked amazing. Maybe next time...

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We had been told by two people that the food here was fantastic. That was not our opinion. Some of what we ordered was good: crab/avocado spring rolls, duck platter. Contrary to what I read from others, however, we did not especially like the garlic noodles. (much prefer the garlic noodles at Rangoon Ruby, for example...) The restaurant was not crowded when we were there (6:30-8:30PM) which doesn't sound like good news. I would not go here again as there are too many better restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Ate lunch and ordered dim sum for appetizer. Fried tofu springrolls were awesome. Chili sauce a must for dippin. Crab and fried rice plus grilled lemongrass pork. Will surely be back and try other on the menu.