“In a cityof very expensive hotels/motels, this is Great Value indeed!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We have stayed here a few times over the past couple of years. The management is very nice & helpful, and the rooms are always clean. I particularly like their very extensive DirecTv package, which includes almost every channel in existence, and the guys always like the many many sports channels available.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 February 2011

Don't stay at this motel if you have other choice... I traveled with my family and stayed in this motel for one night. The bed is not comfortable and the furniture is out-dated. You can easily hear the noise upstairs. The worst thing happened in the morning... hundreds of ants were found in the bathroom and they covered all my staff on the table..really terrifying. This was my worst experience staying in a motel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Travelplanner2010
abvipaloalto, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate your doing so. We use your comments to further train our staff and to evaluate our Inn and make necessary changes. We apologize for the condition that you experienced while staying at our Inn. Due to the unusally harsh winter weather this has caused a problem with ants this year. Please know that we have taken steps with our pest control company to eliminate this problem and the condition is now under control.

Reviewed 28 October 2010

I have stayed at this motel several times recently and it has an excellent location, nice rooms and very friendly front desk staff. The last time I stayed there there was some confusion about the room rate - I thought that you got a free room upgrade when you booked after joining their "value club" but was charged extra for requesting first floor room because a king was the only thing available. Unfortunately I got 2 bed bug bites and found a bed bug in the bed when I woke up in the morning. I check the bed/room before I bring my luggage in with a very bright flashlight and didn't see anything but they were still there. I addressed this with ABV customer service and while they did respond promptly with an explanation about the rate change they failed to address my concern over the bedbugs.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Blyst

Thank you giving your comments we appreciate your doing so. We take your comments seriously and use them to help provide you with a better product. Please be assured that we have investigated your experience here and assure you that the condition you described doesn't exist.

Reviewed 8 September 2010

One of the main reasons I booked this place was because of the non-smoking designation and the good reviews for the price. It is what it is--a cheap motel. It is clean enough, and the rooms are non-smoking. However, there is an outside table right next door with an ashtray! The neighbors parked themselves there and chain-smoked and were very loud. It was right next to my car so I couldn't go back and forth without walking through a huge cloud of smoke. That and the fact that they were so loud right outside my door really upset me. I also knew there was only packaged sweet rolls. But if I have to take my husband to the V.A. hospital again and spend the night, I would rather spend the extra $20 for a newer place with a better breakfast, and just ask for a non-smoking room.
I don't understand how it got such good reviews.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your taking the time to do so. Our rooms are all non-smoking. However we do have a table and chairs outside where people who would like to go can smoke. We are sorry if other people smoking offended you and apologize for your experience.

Reviewed 7 September 2010

Good Central location off of the El Camino Real. The off season rate was great, under $60. The rooms are pretty basic but clean, and the owners are very helpful and friendly. They are located near a Hobees restaurant which is a great breakfast place- the coffee cake is out of this world.

When in Palo Alto this should always be one to check on. Will consider using them again when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank R.ching

Thank your taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your business. We work hard to provide our guests with the best possible accomodations at the most reasonable rates. Our staff is pleased to be of service to you and we look forward to your next visit.