“Amazing Staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Pikeville, Tennessee, United States
“Amazing Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel on business. I am also in the hotel business and wow, I would love to have their staff working for my hotel. Everyone I encountered from the bellman, housekeeping,valet and front desk were 5 Star quality. Great eye contact, attention to detail and were 10 steps ahead of me. Their Sales Manager, Anita is also quite accommodating and took excellent care of me.

My room was wonderful too.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Janet G
SusanneSmith, Director of Marketing at Garden Court Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear Janet G.,

Our “5 circle” review is fantastic! Our staff cheered when we shared it with them. They work hard and live up to incredible standards. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it.

Anita is truly terrific and your sentiments about her have gone straight to the top. She is a wonderful colleague and sits right next to me when she’s not out dazzling our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to rate the Garden Court Hotel. Please don’t hesitate to call on us when you are in town again.

Kindest regards,
Susanne Smith
Director of Marketing
Susanne@gardencourt.com
650.543.2215
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed at Garden Court twice for work, and I'm trying to think of some more excuses to go to Palo Alto so I can stay again. I love the rooms that look out on the courtyard, they're breathtaking. Everything down to the last detail is top-notch. The service is spectacular. Every morning they have coffee and pastries in the common areas of each floor, and each evening when you return from a lovely walk back from dinner in the little town, you can sit in the plush lobby and enjoy a complimentary glass of port wine before tucking in to your amazingly comfortable bed.
Sure, the Westin is nice, but in my mind, Garden Court is unmatched if you're in Palo Alto.

Room Tip: I've never stayed in rooms other than those overlooking the courtyard, and they are just charmin...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AHildy
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

A really excellent hotel right off University, with a fine restaurant (Il Fornaio) and bar on the premisesr. And a big plus, morning coffee and pastries are served on every floor, you need only stagger out of your room to snag a cup of Peets. We noticed that a lot of locals frequent the bar, which seems like a good sign.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NinthCircle
British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I could have titled my review as "Escape from Mountain View"... because that's what we did when we checked into The Garden Court in Palo Alto.

We had been staying at a hotel in nearby Mountain View for 2 nights. We were booked there for another 3 nights. (Groan) But I couldn't stand it. The nighttime roar of the traffic kept me awake. And the fact that the hotel had only cheap fast food restaurants around it made me want to make a super fast exit to a quieter more pedestrian-friendly and luxurious hotel.

We cancelled at the old hotel, and booked ourselves into The Garden Court Hotel for 3 nights. As soon as we walked into the Garden Court I took a deep sigh of relief. Finally it felt like we were on vacation! Yeah!

The Garden Court is super deluxe (and only a bit more per night than the other hotel). Very pretty, classic design, and elegant (with lovely arty-nature photographs on the wall). We stayed in a gorgeous sunny room with huge French doors across one wall opening onto a balcony with a street view. We walked around Palo Alto, exploring the shops and the very upscale neighbourhood. It was a romantic place to relax and recharge! I highly recommend it and can't wait to return!

(They also had a room safe, dressing gowns, lots of closet space -- and a good fitness room. The restaurant next door was perfect for breakfast.)

Room Tip: We asked for a city view and our room was lovely. It had huge French doors which opened onto a balco...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FLJ_designer
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Me and my family (with children!) had an amazing stay here at the garden court. The staff was extremely nice and helped us with our every need. The children loved the welcome gifts given to us upon arrival and played with them through out the trip. The rooms are very well decorated and are very bright. The beds are really comfy, and I would suggest asking for a handicap room (if available) because we received it coincidentally and the room and shower was much larger than the regular rooms. They do offer complimentary breakfast which is coffee/tea muffins and pastries. There is always something to eat in the lobby, apples throughout the day, chocolate and wine at night. On Wednesday they have complimentary dinner which was steak and veggies as well as a drink and dessert. Over all we very much enjoyed our stay and would return if we returned to the palo alto area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
0.8 km away
Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
#15 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Garden Court Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK