“Don't Trust the Photos”
Review of Ramada Palmdale

Ramada Palmdale
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Palmdale
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We traveled to Lancaster for a softball tournament along with thousands of other families from across Southern California. Due to the high demand for hotel rooms, we were stuck booking our room at the Ramada. Based on the reviews I saw on line, I was very concerned before arriving. The good news is - it's not as bad as some of the reviews I read. The bad news is - the place was completely unprepared for the crowd of people who converged on their hotel over weekend and the service provided by the hotel was horrible. Here are a few things that went wrong:

- on the weekend (knowing there were kids there for a softball tournament) breakfast started at 6:30AM. When I checked in the desk staff told us food would be served at 5:00AM to accommodate the teams all weekend. WRONG. And the food was pretty awful. Cereal and yogurt were safe bets, but the rest was marginal.
- they lock the front desk to guests starting at 11PM and remain locked until 5:30AM. You cannot enter the lobby from inside the hotel from 11PM to 5:30AM. You have to walk around the outside of the hotel where you can talk to the front desk folks through a small window (think bank teller). Very strange people hang out outside this hotel at night, so you can imagine how please I was at 5:00AM when the front desk staff told me to walk around the outside of the hotel with my kids to find out what was happening with the 5:00AM breakfast.
- someone posing as the front desk attempted to scam one of our parents asking for their credit card number. The manager was reached about this, but there was little to no follow up. The manager implied it may be "an inside job". Why the front desk put a call through at 6:00AM is uncertain.
- They ran out of shampoo and conditioner.
- The air stopped working in more than 50% of the rooms in our group.
- More than 1 family got locked out of their room stating that their reservation was for 1 day instead of the 2 nights.
- Most of the rooms did not have a refrigerator or microwave. Some of them did.
- Bathroom was disguisting.
- We found dried up food in the furniture in our room.
- It's a non-smoking hotel yet the halls were filled with cigarette smoke.

The worst part of this hotel was their willingness to accommodate any special request. This hotel has a conference facility. The rooms were not being used and the large "dining room" was filled with mattresses. Some of the parents from our asked if we could use a meeting room for about 30 minutes to get our kids ready for an event, which involved handing out a few things and getting them into costumes. We were told we could not use the room and that the common meeting area we could use was the area outside by the pool. Take a good look at the photos on the website. The area outside the pool has no shade and very few chairs. It was over 110 degrees outside this past weekend and the staff thought it would be fine to meet for 30 minutes to get kids dressed for a special event in the sun by the pool when it was 110 degrees (extreme heat warning) while air conditioned meeting rooms remained vacant.

So, I would suggest that before you stay at this hotel you exhaust all other options. They are not accommodating, they don't provide any reasonable level of service to their customers, the food and cleanliness are well below par and frankly, they don't seem to care.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the parking lot. There are people out there all night long.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Ramada Palmdale

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I requested handicap accessible room which they provided. When I arrived they didn't tell me the lobby closed at 11:00pm and I'd have to enter through the only side door of the building. There wasn't any parking available in the area of that entrance and there were only 2 handicap spaces at that entrance so I had to drive around to the building entrance to find a handicap space. When I went to the lobby entrance there was a hand written note on the door stating the lobby is closed 11:00pm to 5:00pm. I rang the bell for the customer service person to let me in and was told I had to enter at the side entrance. I told him there was no parking and I couldn't carry my bags all the way around the building. I reminded him that I had booked an ADA room and if I have to carry my stuff all the way around the building to get in they're really not accommodating my handicap. Everything in the room was dirty and many things were broken. I stayed in room 126. There was nasty stuff all over the walls and the back of the door. The shower had mold growing in it and the shower ceiling had hair on it. The toilet bowl looked like it had never been cleaned. The toilet paper holder was missing so they just placed the toilet paper in the little housing unit. When I pulled on it to use it the entire roll came out. The caulking in the shower and the sink vanity was moldy/black and parts didn't have any caulking at all. There was obvious water damage to the shower ceiling which wasn't repaired properly. The light fixture cover above the bathroom sink was missing leaving the fluorescent bulbs fully exposed. The curtains were broken on both ends of the window leaving them hanging. The curtains had huge horizontal snags in them. The carpet was dirty. The microwave didn't work and the cabinet doors housing the refrigerator and adjacent storage were broken and hanging down. The sheets on one of the beds was so worn in one area it was transparent and the same sheets had small blood stains on them. All of the dark wood furniture was chipped or gauged and the phone by the bed was so disgusting I didn't want to tough it. I was terrified the beds had bed bugs given the condition of everything else in the room. The hotel is supposed to be secured only allowing entrance with your room key but the exterior door on the right of the elevator would not close so anyone could walk in without a key card. This is the worst place I've ever stayed in. They owe me a refund. I didn't have time to go through the room with the Mgr so I took pics of everything.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Last year it wasn't this bad but this time I know I'll never go back. People in the pool at all hours of the night. I didn't get any decent sleep because of it.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmdale
0.6 km away
3.5 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Palmdale
1.9 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Palmdale

Been to Ramada Palmdale? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK